This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by thegrouse View Post
    The Herm references will be brutal this year as we hope for 5 wins...

I really feel bad for you with AZ State thinking this was the best option and a good idea.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      I had lunch this summer with the President of Bama ( friend of dads) Told him they have a good problem to have. He spoke highly of how both are handling it. He invited us up for any game. Think Riley and I are gonna take him up on it.
      Count me in for the playoff game

Comment

Originally posted by Brock Middlebrook View Post
        I really feel bad for you with AZ State thinking this was the best option and a good idea.

The fix was in on the deal. Surprisingly he pulled out a decent recruiting class. I am not very optimistic on the year.

Comment

Originally posted by Slew View Post
          I got 2 more weeks to catch crappie then I can start watching football!! I think I can make it!!![emoji23]

Surely you'll get around to watching your alma mater vs aTm the 30th . . I know your better half will . .

Comment

Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
            I had lunch this summer with the President of Bama ( friend of dads) Told him they have a good problem to have. He spoke highly of how both are handling it. He invited us up for any game. Think Riley and I are gonna take him up on it.
            You should. Bob Witt was the former president when CNS was hired. He came from UT-Arlington and started a directed recruitment of Texas students. One of our best and retired as Chancellor of the UofA System. It was about 4/5% of the student population a few years back but I’m not sure what it is running now.

Comment

Originally posted by eradicator View Post
              Count me in for the playoff game
              Lol offers only for home games but I'm really thinking about going. Be one hell of an experience and get a behind the scenes look at one of the greatest programs in history.

Comment

Sounds like an awesome opportunity Brandon, just don’t wear any of that ugly maroon when you go! ��

Comment

Originally posted by SMF View Post
                  Sounds like an awesome opportunity Brandon, just don’t wear any of that ugly maroon when you go! ��
                  I guarantee I will be showing my Purple colors for my Frogs. Probably have to wear a white shirt to show respect lol

Comment

Originally posted by Gclyde28 View Post
                    To this day none of them have been impressive for any extended period of time while on the 40 acres. A few flashes of hope but never for more than a couple games in a row at most. Hopefully that changes this year but I'd say its a little bit early to start making statements like that.
                    I know, right? It was way better when I was the starter. - Herp

Lol. Optimism is my friend.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by Sharecropper View Post
                      Surely you'll get around to watching your alma mater vs aTm the 30th . . I know your better half will . .
                      I think I'm going to be in a dove field in Arkansas! My wife will ask me on about Wednesday or Thursday after a game if the Aggies played last weekend and did they win?

Comment

I guess we can kick the can further down the road for a return game between the instate rivals. Texas is looking to add Georgia and Penn State to the schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post
                          I guess we can kick the can further down the road for a return game between the instate rivals. Texas is looking to add Georgia and Penn State to the schedule.

Count me in the group that prefers this approach. I love to see different teams each year.

Comment

Originally posted by Rush2Judge View Post
                            Count me in the group that prefers this approach. I love to see different teams each year.
                            Yes sir, I'm good with the current approach and they continue to add great destinations.

Comment

Originally posted by Chad C View Post

I'm indifferent about it. As a fan that doesn't really travel to games away from Kyle and that has sentimental feelings about the history and tradition of an in-state "rivalry", I wouldn't mind seeing them play each year. Of course, the luster of the "tradition" diminishes a little with each passing year.

If I was a fan that travelled to follow the team, I can see where the preference would be to visit destinations like College Park, Athens, State College, Baton Rouge, Clemson, Los Angeles, etc. (especially if conference games were in places like Lubbock, Waco, Aimes, Stillwater, Manhattan (the little one) or Austin. ) Of course, if you're already travelling to BR, Athens, Gainesville, Oxford, Columbia (MO/SC), Tuscaloosa, Auburn, Knoxville, etc. in any given year, saving a little time and money by driving to Austin or Cstat to see a game might be more appealing!
                              My Flickr Photos

Comment

Meh. Those SEC locations don't do much for me. Collie Station is about the same as Lubbock. Worse than Waco. LOL. Austin is probably one of the top locations to visit. Nooooooooooooooo to Los Angeles. been there. Sucks bad.

Comment

Working...
                                X