I pulled the Ol' Superstition out last night

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I pulled the Ol' Superstition out last night

I have been a die hard trad guy for about 10 or so years now, but with stuff that has gone on the past few years(divorce, work not having enough people, and just not enough time to shoot) I got the ol longbow out last night and shot a few. After I figured out what arrows I was shooting before I put it away, I did somewhat good. Hit several 10 rings at 15 yards. Over the past year or so I had sold two of my superstitions but kept the 67# @ 30" TD. I will say that it felt good to shoot it again. I guess I need to get with Bob again so he can build me a little lighter bow. I love to spend money on hunting stuff

It don't hurt having a little lighter bow to break in with when you've had a long lay off. I have one myself but it is usually loaned out to some one.

Comment

Welcome back!

Bisch

Comment

Congrats to getting back in the loop again!

Comment

Originally posted by Draco View Post
          It don't hurt having a little lighter bow to break in with when you've had a long lay off. I have one myself but it is usually loaned out to some one.
          Well, at the end of the month I will be starting up archery in our local 4-H so the lighter bow will help out a lot.

Comment

Good luck! You'll have it back in full swing before you know it.

Comment

Congrats on getting back on the horse so to speak. Wil tell you what I know you are looking for sponsors for your 4H archery stuff. I can give a couple targets and a couple dozen arrows if this will help. Send me a PM and we can work it out.

Glenn

Comment

Dadgum Will, thought you had fallen off a cliff or something. Glad to see you are back in action. Give me a call whan you want to do something.

Comment

Originally posted by bob sarrels View Post
                  Dadgum Will, thought you had fallen off a cliff or something. Glad to see you are back in action. Give me a call whan you want to do something.
                  Bob, I still have your number on speed dial. I sure will be giving you a call real soon. I am finally at the lease and it has rained all day and 90% chance for tomorrow. So I think bow hunting might be out of the question, and all the dang lease trucks are broke so getting to my stands are out of the question. Looks like gun hunting for me.

Comment

My back and elbows hurt just thinking about pulling 67 lbs.

Comment

Looks like a new beginning to start a new year! Can't wait to meet you.

Comment

Good luck... If I can help with anything I'm just down the road.

Comment

Working...
                        X