Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

in the mood for making a knive again

Hello to Texas

So last weekend i was sitting on the fire with a buddy and we needed to make some more firewood... i only had my normla campknive with me. It was not to hard but it would have bee alot easier with big a** knive, so i decided to make me one.

I had some 4mm thick C75 carbon springsteel left, so i started to make a drawing.

i used an angle grinder to cut the shape out of the steel. and also to grinded off some material for the primary bevel, during grinding i had to keep the steel as cool as possible.

I made the proper flat grind with a file and polished everything with sandpaper.

next week ill ship it out to a buddy of mime for proper heat treatment. and them i need to make a nice handle for it. i think ill use black canvas micarta and Grade 5 titanium as pins..

Hope you like it..

Here are the pics i made:
    Attached Files

Looking real good so far Daniel! You do make some nice looking knives, for sure. I hope all is well over on your side of the pond. All is good here. Hunting is real slow this year but I've still got a lot of time left to get things turned around.

See ya later,

Bisch

Comment

Thanks bisch!

yep so far everything is god over here. Wish you good luck on your hunting!

see ya

Daniel

Comment

Very Nice!

Comment

Very nice!

Comment

Now that's a knife!

Comment

Nice Bolo. The shape and weight of these things are what make them work so well. I acquired one similar to that when I was in Vietnam and it worked way more better than the Army issue Machete.

Comment

nice I have an SOG jungle primitive for that

Comment

Good to see you are staying busy Daniel. Good looking blade. Hope to use the one u sent me this weekend.

Comment

Thanks bob.

well a bit too busy right now. But thats better than having nothing to do. (was that right I guess sometimes my english is a bit weird)

What!? you still havent got blood and dirt on the knife
                    That knife wants to be used hard, so get it bloody

Good luck! Hope you get something and also hope the knife works as expected

Comment

Originally posted by muzzlebrake View Post
                      Nice Bolo. The shape and weight of these things are what make them work so well. I acquired one similar to that when I was in Vietnam and it worked way more better than the Army issue Machete.
                      Really? Thats interesting! Cant wait to try that thing out. i thing ill make a tough use video and see how it performs..

Comment

Nice work!

Comment

Very nice looking design. If you need somebody to test one let me know. Hahaha

Comment

That looks like it will work.

Comment

thanks. Glad to hear yall like my work!

Today i made some last improvements and shipped it to a buddy for propper differential hardening.

oh boy, am i looking forward to the day my blade comes back to me

Thanks for looking.
                              daniel
                              Attached Files

Comment

Working...
                              X