Nikon D750/Opening Weekend

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I would consider myself a novice at photography and have had a few DSLRs over the past years (Nikon D60 & D5300) mostly which I set on Auto and snapped away. Every now and then I would get one pic that stood out but mostly they took acceptable photos.

I finally decided I was going to get a camera that was far beyond my current ability and learn everything I could to "grow into it" so to speak. After researching endlessly I settled on the Nikon D750 with the 28-300mm lens. Most of the time I use it traveling/hunting/hiking and didnt want to carry a ton of lenses. Overall I have been stunned at the step up in image quality and function of this camera. Having said that I still have a lot to learn.

Here are a few shots from the opener this weekend I thought I would share. All processed through Lightroom which I am also still learning on.

Those dog in the water shots are way cool bud

Comment

I'm currently using D5100, I'v been looking at the 750 or the 610. How do you like the 750? Any complaints?

Comment

Originally posted by hoythitman View Post
        I'm currently using D5100, I'v been looking at the 750 or the 610. How do you like the 750? Any complaints?
        Absolutely love it so far. I was happy with my 5300 but kept wrestling with the DX/FX thing and decided it was worth the switch.

Has a fast Autofocus...is razor sharp...and great for low light at higher ISOs. Really looked hard at the D810 but couldnt justify another $1000 for 12 more megapixels. I think the 750 is a great balance of the 610 & 810.

Comment

Congrats on the new rig. I have a friend who just bought this camera as well and he's digging it.

Comment

Those are amazing pics. I have a Nikon D5100 with 2 different starter lens. It seems I am always fumbling to change my lenses. I am still learning my camera and how to take good pics. Any recommendations on how to learn the ropes.

Comment

Working...
            X