No announcement yet.

Age/Score

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I knew he had mass but nowhere near that. I was thinking near 150 off a glance

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
      Now someone got real close....

I posted this on here is because all of the guys on our lease were fooled by this deer. I originally thought he was low 150's..

Tale of the Tape.... 166 1/8

We think he was a 7 year old

Glad I was in the ballpark. Heck of a buck with a big time “cool factor”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Damon - He had me fooled also. I looked at the pics for a while last week and squeezed 150 out of him. I missed his main beams by 4”+each side and mass by 6”. He is much more of a stud than any of us anticipated. I think I was as excited as James was when he texted me Saturday before y’all drug him out of the brush. Well done “bullelk”.

Comment

Yeah that dragging part, I used the machete to clear a path.

Big boy field dressed 178 lbs

Comment

Originally posted by DamonJ View Post
            Now someone got real close....

I posted this on here is because all of the guys on our lease were fooled by this deer. I originally thought he was low 150's..

Tale of the Tape.... 166 1/8

We think he was a 7 year old
            166???? Wow that deer is deceiving as heck.. His longest tine can't be much more than 7.5 inches. unless his ears are 10 inches long which I know they arent.. Great buck..
            Last edited by PondPopper; 10-03-2018, 08:11 PM.

Comment

there was no ground shrinkage at all on this deer----I'm still digging cactus out of my hand
              well done james

Comment

Yep you never know by pictures it’s hard to judge mass off of them in my opinion dang awesome buck !

Comment

Age/Score

Originally posted by W-L-F View Post
                  there was no ground shrinkage at all on this deer----I'm still digging cactus out of my hand
                  well done james

At least the cactus isn’t in your hind end like Mrs Kitchens when James was taking her picture with her drop tine buck. [emoji15][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

**** spoke pole!
                  Last edited by jared_bays; 10-04-2018, 07:46 AM.

Comment

What a buck! I'm going to say 168

Comment

I’m glad we weren’t the only ones to miss judge him, glad it was in my favor. He was a great buck that we had some history with. I bet I watched him a dozen times last year. He was a skittish deer, any sound or movement and he was gone. 10 other deer would look around and wounded what his problem was. Jared knows he ran him off once trying to get a picture of him. This is the only pic that made me think wow he’s going to break 160”. The Saturday before season I got to watch him for 15 minutes or so “the first 3 pic Damon posted taken from my phone in the blind” and best I could get was 153”. I was a little disappointed seeing him for the first time with my eye hard horn. But I knew he was still a good deer and couldn’t wait to get back down. Good thing my sons football game was cancelled!!!

Last edited by bullelk; 10-04-2018, 02:51 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X