Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anybody effected by these steel/aluminum tarrifs?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

^^Which IMO is a good thing.

Comment

Heard a quick blip on the news that the China tariffs may not go into affect. I believe they said Trump's head economic adviser said something like that. I didn't catch it all. Anybody else hear this?

Comment

Originally posted by Thumper View Post
        There'll be some higher costs, but don't forget Canada and Mexico will not face tariffs on their imports.
        Yet.

Comment

Sarah Huckabe Sanders said today in the WH press conf that the tariffs will not go into effect for another 3 months if it even happens...why are prices going up from the tariffs?

Comment

Originally posted by CoolHandLuke View Post
            Sarah Huckabe Sanders said today in the WH press conf that the tariffs will not go into effect for another 3 months if it even happens...why are prices going up from the tariffs?
            Because it’s a perfect opportunity to gouge consumers... I mean “hey why wait right?”

Comment

I'm always suspect of suppliers and their "price increases" mainly because a lot of the stuff they have on hand for months and pocket the profits on these timely governmental interference.

We are building our home though and my wife is handling all of the purchasing. She's going to be importing some stuff from China and the higher tax is there. Personally I don't mind because it's for the greater good. If it helps keep my neighbors working and prospering I'm all about it.

Comment

Ordered something last week and shipping confirms product arrival. Go today and am informed that steel is backordered.
                So ultimately I guess I'm affected. Who would of thunk it.

Comment

Originally posted by BlackoutRam2500 View Post
                  I'm always suspect of suppliers and their "price increases" mainly because a lot of the stuff they have on hand for months and pocket the profits on these timely governmental interference.

We are building our home though and my wife is handling all of the purchasing. She's going to be importing some stuff from China and the higher tax is there. Personally I don't mind because it's for the greater good. If it helps keep my neighbors working and prospering I'm all about it.
                  We have to sell on replacement cost, works the same way when prices go down but nobody complains about that.

Comment

Metallic Conduit has jumped 30% in the last few weeks.

It’s impacting my budget on my jobs

I went to the woods because I wished to live deliberately...

Henry David Thoreau

Comment

The Mueller storage shed I am buying just jumped 10% since the original quote a week ago. Quotes are only good for one week now.

Comment

A buddy of mine testified before Congress last week about this very issue.

http://montgomerycountypolicereporte...steel-tariffs/

Comment

Is a backordered "excuse", reason to say yes to the question who is affected by the?

Comment

Let's give it a year to see if this helps prop up the steel/aluminum industries and it results in more jobs there (or a decrease in jobs in other related areas)

Comment

Costing us a little more for our barndo. The steel comes from canada and mexico but they want in on the extra money.

In the end so be it. I am all for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirtymike View Post
                                Costing us a little more for our barndo.

In the end so be it. I am all for it.
                                May I ask why (to the bolded part)?

Comment

Working...
                                X