State Police

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

All that trouble for some ditch weed.

I figured they werent burning it because somebody might get a wee bit high .

Comment

Not to hijack the thread, but did anyone see the episode this weekend when the GW took the drunk kid off his jet ski? Had him do some tests like doing ABCs, kid said "i cant do ABCs and I cant dance for you either." Ended up taking him ashore. That DA kid said, "can i call 911 and get a real police officer out here cuz you're not a real police officer." I bet it was hard for that GW to keep his cool, cuz that kid was a pain in the arse.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
        Not sure about Game Wardens but if I get to go work for the Feds I am always happy as I’m getting paid time and 1/2.
        WHAT?!!?!!

Ive worked with nearly every three letter agency there is and got nothing. Some Id gladly work with again. FBI on the other hand...

Comment

Originally posted by Quackerbox View Post
          WHAT?!!?!!

Ive worked with nearly every three letter agency there is and got nothing. Some Id gladly work with again. FBI on the other hand...
          Ive seen agencies charge time and half then only pay their employees straight time. I dont think I was supposed to know that

Comment

Quackerbox- they ripped you guys off. I’ve sat on taps, went on raids, served paper, sat at shelters, worked floods and storms. All paid OT by the Feds.

Comment

Originally posted by glen View Post
              Quackerbox- they ripped you guys off. I’ve sat on taps, went on raids, served paper, sat at shelters, worked floods and storms. All paid OT by the Feds.
              When we get sent out on storm duty 12's its time and a half paid thru FEMA.

But Ive worked banks robberies with the FBI, cush raids with members of DEA and transported people for ICE. Never OT, but its also been during my normal duty hours.

Originally posted by sierracharlie338 View Post
              Ive seen agencies charge time and half then only pay their employees straight time. I dont think I was supposed to know that

Yeah, we had a former leader try that with FEMA after a hurricane. He tried to give us comp time and keep the money. We eventually got our money

Comment

It sure looked like a lot of weed. My take is they wanted to get in there quickly and get it chopped out because they were afraid the growers would get wind of the investigation and harvest their "crop" before law enforcement could bust them. GW had the boats and manpower to make it happen so they were used (I guess). BTW they said it was on the Trinity about 37 miles from Dallas. Just wondering where that might've been. Asking for a friend ha ha.

Comment

Originally posted by batmaninja View Post
                  All that trouble for some ditch weed.

I figured they werent burning it because somebody might get a wee bit high .
                  That was also one of my thoughts ..... lots of resources utilized that day. But the reality is it’s illegal so let’s not get mad at the guys who are paid to enforce laws. But at the same token we could shake our heads and say how stupid.

Comment

A couple of years back they found a grow a few hundred yards from the DEA headquarters in Dallas, that was in the Trinity bottoms. Even in town here its a jungle, except for between 183 and Corinth St, where it was straightened and deforested.

Comment

Originally posted by spotsanddots View Post
                      Not to hijack the thread, but did anyone see the episode this weekend when the GW took the drunk kid off his jet ski? Had him do some tests like doing ABCs, kid said "i cant do ABCs and I cant dance for you either." Ended up taking him ashore. That DA kid said, "can i call 911 and get a real police officer out here cuz you're not a real police officer." I bet it was hard for that GW to keep his cool, cuz that kid was a pain in the arse.
                      That kid was either an absolute idiot, too drunk or both. The warden was beginning to get a little P.Oed. though.

Comment

When did game wardens become state police?

Comment

Originally posted by Neuse View Post
                          When did game wardens become state police?
                          Officially... 1873.

The Texas State Police was abolished in 1873. In 1935, the Texas Department of Public Safety was formed to serve as the state police force (the TDPS predecessor was the Texas Ranger Division formed by the Texas Legislature as McNelly's "Special Force of Rangers" and the "Frontier Battalion" in July 1874).

Other state agencies, including the Texas Attorney General's Office, Texas Parks & Wildlife, and the Texas Alcoholic Beverage Commission provide state police services within their areas of responsibility, and informally use the term "State Police" on their uniforms and insignia

Comment

We (The Coast Guard) use state agencies as a crutch all the time. As State Police, their jurisdiction overlaps with ours (to an extent). The Department of Marine Resources here in Mississippi aids us in the majority of our Search and Rescue Operations, they are allowed to do counter narcotics (we have never asked them to do this since I've been here), obviously fisheries enforcement, boater safety/BUI. Within State waters the Wildlife guys have a lot of jurisdiction. Its their job as well as ours.

Comment

State boys aren’t doing it out of the goodness of their hearts!

Comment

The conclusion that I jumped to is that the state is making a better, more diverse use of the game warden cadre by designating them state police, with a primary role of game law enforcement and "other duties as assigned".

Comment

Working...
                                X