No announcement yet.

Bow AND Gun?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I do both. Last year was mainly rifle, mostly because I didn't have time to put in the practice I needed to be comfortable enough to go hunt a deer with my bow. This year I will probably be bow hunting mostly unless my wife or son want to come with.

Comment

We are a 98% bow preferred lease so its bow only for me for whitetail on our lease. I'd hunt with a rifle on an invite or the last weekend on our place if we needed does or cull bucks killed.....but if I can take my bow the rifle stays at home. I think I have killed two deer, both does, with a rifle since 2007.

Helping my Dad and his fellow lease members meet their deer numbers on his 6000 acre MLD3 lease for 5-6 years in the early 2000s kinda burned the whole rifle hunting thing out for me.

Last edited by Smart; 07-31-2017, 07:31 AM.

Comment

Bow only. I haven't pick up a rifle since I pick up a bow.

Comment

Bow mostly, only time I hunt with a rifle is when I have both my girls, if it's just me and my oldest daughter, we bow hunt.

This year will be rod and reel though, too much family drama so I'm going to sit this season out. Going to let them fill the feeders this year, which means they'll be empty.

Comment

After my first with a bow i hardly use a rifle. Just not the same feeling. If its the last weekend i may take a rifle.

Comment

Bow only for 10 years during and after college. After that bow for bow season then I put it back in storage until elk season. Can't beat a tower stand and a nice rifle.

Comment

Bow, scoped rifle, open sights lever action, muzzle loader. All depends on when and where I'm hunting. I stick with the bow for a while, but come December, I usually pull the rifle out. If I'm in the thickets, the open sight 30-30 goes with me, if I'm on a ROW or open field, rifle, then there's the late muzzleloader season. Regardless of weapon, I try to challenge myself accordingly. I don't have any "blinds" my only stands are lock one and a climber. If I'm hunting with a gun, I'll either be in the climber or sitting on the ground hunkered up next to a tree.

Comment

Both and black powder at the end. Hard and heavy during bow season. I will hunt 25 times. When gun time rolls around, the comfy chair feels good on my back after a month in the tree.

Comment

Muzzleloader, Bow and rifle....sometimes handgun

Comment

Originally posted by IvoryRoot View Post
                      Both. Depends whether I have one of the kids with me or not.
                      X2

Comment

Bow, almost exclusively! Unless I'm dove hunting

Comment

Since I only meat hunt anymore I use both. No point messing up meat when you got a good rifle or pistol head shot.

Comment

Gun, Bow, Rocks, Sticks...whatever I have.

Comment

Been know to climb a tree stand with rifle on back and hoist up my bow behind me

Comment

I'm an equal opportunity killer it really will depend on multiple things this year. I plan on mainly bowhunting, since I'll be doing most of my hunting at the farm. When my boys are with me, I'll sit with them and rifle hunt, mostly to try to get them on some deer

Comment

Working...
                                X