No announcement yet.

100s of wasp!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My dad was abrick layer and all 5 of us boys worked with him till we were grown. On a job out in the country my oldest bro hit the brush to do his buisness and squatted over a nest. They got him all over his danglys. Took him three days to come back to work.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
      My dad was abrick layer and all 5 of us boys worked with him till we were grown. On a job out in the country my oldest bro hit the brush to do his buisness and squatted over a nest. They got him all over his danglys. Took him three days to come back to work.

Does he squeak every now and then when he talks Man that would hurt like the dickens!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post

Does he squeak every now and then when he talks Man that would hurt like the dickens!
        No, but he doesn't really like to be reminded.

Comment

Originally posted by 35remington View Post
          Try posting an ad on craigslist. I had a guy come remove them for free, because he wanted them for his ranch. Whatever--I just told him he was entering at his own risk! He had the smoke gun and everything.
          Thanks. I knew I could count on the GS.

Comment

Those little devils found a hole in the siding on one side of my house. Before I knew it there were thousands of them in that wall. It was crazy. I bought a roach fogger, popped the top and held the tip in the hole as I knew they were way up high in the wall. So many poured out I was amazed. And they were falling out inside the bathroom vent also.

I should have taken pictures as the pile was 1.5-2" deep in dead wasps right below the hole.

Comment

Hit a nest while shredding. Tractor was not fast enough for this fat boy. I let them have the JD and still got hit 2x. I could here them hitting the tractor. As I LEFT.

Comment

I mowed over a nest once at the lake house... Left the mower running and was running for my life for the water. Lil *******s chased me all the way down there. I dove off the back of some doods bass boat. Everyone thought it was REAL funny until they realized what I just brought to the party in the slew. Lol.

Comment

Had the same thing happen to me a few years ago. Those ground wasps are nasty little buggars! Glad they did not get ya!

Bisch

Comment

I got nailed by a few one time mowing around an old oak tree near my stand. I came back with a Raid fogger bug bomb...when I put the business end of that bomb in the hole it completely plugged it up and blocked their escape. You could literally hear those **** things droning underground, trying to escape. Must've been hundreds of them or more...

I stayed till the fogger was empty to see if any tried to get out. Not a one did but several that actually tried to go IN the hole immediately begin acting sick and keeled over.

Comment

CShall PM sent.

Comment

Originally posted by steve corn View Post
                        I broke a sweat just reading that!!

Comment

Originally posted by Antlers86 View Post
                          Never seen anything like it. Out mowing and when I made my loop around for the next row of cutting I see a huge cloud of wasp. They were everywhere. I jumped off the mower and ran like Forest Gump to my truck. Luckily I didn't get stung having jeans and long sleeves on. I watched them for about 10 minutes and they finally calmed down and disappeared at ground level. Grabbed my weaponry and took care of business. I will get pics. About a 2" diameter hole in the ground. 2 cans later of wasp killer and I can see @ 50 dead that tried flying out. I knew there were a lot more so gasoline filled the hole. (Didn't take much)

Searched Google and they look to be Texas Yellow Jackets. Says they can be aggressive. <--------ARE! Sorry bee/wasp lovers but I wasn't taking a chance at another run in with them.
                          I have been EXACTLY where you were at! Imagine if you will, those hundreds on the front of your coveralls, yep! It happened to me. Got stung twice.

Comment

I was blowing leaves around at my lake house and got hit about ten times before I could get out of there. Mostly in the head and neck. Hurt like hell. I was going to go the gasoline route on them but my neighbor advised me to use so motor oil and cut it with gasoline to make it thinner. His reason was the gasoline would evaporate and all of the wasps that were out and about would then come back to the "nest". The oil would be there for some time and the returning wasps would move on. It worked well. For the next day or so, there were still wasps trying to get back to that hole but they never would go in it. Eventually they all left.

Comment

Originally posted by lovemylegacy View Post
                              I have been EXACTLY where you were at! Imagine if you will, those hundreds on the front of your coveralls, yep! It happened to me. Got stung twice.
                              LUCKY! They got inside mine. Hot Sept day and I just had on underwear and thin coveralls. I got home with only underwear and boots.

Comment

Originally posted by ATControlFreak View Post
                                Same thing happened to me. Weed-eating my front lawn and decided to chop down some monkey grass that was surrounding a big pecan tree. MISTAKE!!!! Popped me 6-7 times before I could drop the trimmer and hit the door. They kept slamming into the glass storm door for 5 minutes trying to get to me. I HATE those little suckers! Can't believe you made it out unscathed. Glad you did though.
                                Been there. Had a hige nest in the monkey grass. Got me about 5 times. **** things hurt!

Comment

Working...
                                X