Strava cycling app for TBH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
    Here is what I have on my mtb now. They have a fairly deep tread but are still "slick" enough to give a smooth ride. I've had them for about a year, haven't had a flat yet. I bought them at the Performance Bike shop on 281 & Thousand Oaks.

http://www.performancebike.com/bikes...400238__400238
    That's a good price on those tires. The ones I ordered have less tread. I'm setting them up tubeless so flats won't be an issue.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
      Lots of things could be a factor when it comes to shoulder pain. Your bike could be setup wrong and putting unnecessary strain on your body. Is your front shot setup correctly etc...

I could show you some smooth single track that is much more enjoyable than the paved paths.

I pulled the trigger on some Schwalbe Marathon Supreme tires for my mtb commuter bike. Now I just need to find a good set of carbon wheels.
      Previous shoulder injuries and now arthritis is what causes my pain. The vibration and uneven surfaces of off road doesn't mix well. They usually don't bother me if I stay on the pavement.

Comment

Originally posted by AlaskaFlyerFan View Post
        Previous shoulder injuries and now arthritis is what causes my pain. The vibration and uneven surfaces of off road doesn't mix well. They usually don't bother me if I stay on the pavement.
        Roger that. The invitation is open ended if you decide you'd like to try it out.

I bet you would enjoy the Mission's ride we do on Saturdays. Some days we get 10-12miles in while others we get upwards of 18miles. It's all paved trails and roads.

I'll post a PM the next time we go if you'd like to join up with us. My buddy does part time work for the YMCA and it's part of their free bike program. Go on ten rides and get a free hybrid bike. Not a bad deal IMHO.

Comment

Well at least I'll contribute more than 9 miles this week! Hopefully many more... I'm 2/2 this week so far!

Comment

Well tube issues suck. I had to walk home this evening

Comment

Went out on the mountain bike this evening. 12.5 miles in this heat was rough... but fun!!

Comment

Tough ride tonight. Lots of wind and Dallas heat.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                  Well tube issues suck. I had to walk home this evening
                  You know it...I switched all my bikes to tubeless a couple of years ago and never looked back.

Comment

Originally posted by In-Yo-Grill View Post
                    You know it...I switched all my bikes to tubeless a couple of years ago and never looked back.
                    I was tubeless until today. I was told the sealant in my tubeless tires ate the inside lining of my tires and caused them to bulge and get a hole in them

Comment

Did my first group ride today, and went further than I ever have before! Averaged pretty good speed too. I have a whole week to recover so I can do it again!

Sorry, I had to brag on myself a bit. Good riding everyone!

Comment

Just realized that only rides show up on the club page.

Comment

Originally posted by aggie2000tx View Post
                          I was tubeless until today. I was told the sealant in my tubeless tires ate the inside lining of my tires and caused them to bulge and get a hole in them
                          Certain sealants don't work with some tires. For example, I think Stan's sealant doesn't do well with Kenda tires.

Comment

Awright ladies and gentlemen - I'm in! I'm picking up my bike today from the shop. It has been hanging on the wall of my garage since my little run-in with a barbed wire fence I chronicled here:

After I healed up I got back into running instead of riding, but it has been toooo long. The bike has been taunting me every time I walk by it lately. ("Hey wuss, what's the deal? I've been hanging here for almost 3 years - ride me!) I'm going to start out doing short early morning weekday rides of about 10 miles and work up to longer rides on the weekends. Now I gotta get this STRAVA thing figured out!
                            Last edited by jerp; 07-09-2014, 12:10 PM.

Comment

Picking up the mountain bike today, but my participation this week is poor, at best. Hoping it changes next week!!!

Comment

I downloaded the app and joined the TBH club at STRAVA - I'm excited to get back on the bike!

Comment

Working...
                                X