Mineral Wells State Park

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mineral Wells State Park

My son & I were drawn for a youth rifle hunt at Mineral Wells SP location in Palo Pinto Co, any advise or experience from the TBH hunters?

I got drawn for Enchanted Rock SP. Its the first time I have ever been on a hunt like this, so I will be interested in responses as well.

Good luck on your hunt!

Comment

Hunted there 2 or 3 yrs ago. It was a Management hunt, does or 4 pts and less. My brother and dad tagged out with 2 does each and I shot one. I had to leave before the hunt was over. The staff corned all the stands 2 weeks before the hunt. They will draw your stands and take/pick yall up. All the stands I saw were ground blinds made out of plywood and were 3 sided. Take you some chairs. All they had for use was 5 gallon plastic buckets. I had my own chair and my head was just above the blind. Should have a good hunt.

Comment

I talked with a non-hunter worker at the park yesterday & he said they had a hunt last week where 5 does & 8 bucks were taken.
        They hand corn the 10 blinds every other day & he said the longest shot would be 50 yards.
        He did say the biggest buck was 10 pts & a nice 17" spread...he also said there is bigger running around too.
        I'll report back next week after our hunt, hopefully with pics!

Comment

My nephew got drawn for that one too. See you there!

Comment

How did you guys do? My son shot a doe the first night and a spike the second night at stand 7.

Comment

Interested in how it went.

32 and/or Ted, did they take any standby hunters for the youth hunt?

Comment

They were prepared to have standbys but I believe all the slots were full, so nobody showed up.

The park was given 40 tags and I believe they took around 13-15 deer with the first adult hunt and around 8 deer mid-way thru this last hunt when we were there.

There is no doubt deer are present...we corned and used Buck Candy and saw plenty of deer at stand 7 but less deer were spotted at other blinds.

The group of park rangers are first class and treated us well.

Comment

Cool, thanks for the info.

Comment

Working...
                  X