First Point Questions....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
    Yeah the first time I saw it when I was with Mike I thought he had lost his mind.
    That's where I got the idea, from Mike.....the "Mojo", that's funny!!

He also told me not to go anywhere near the road going in or out....find me a way in from behind and get 25-30 yards off the route.....keep it as natural as possible.....that's my strategy this trip. My 30-40 yardage will be dialed in.

Comment

So wait, you use dove decoys to attract deer? I think now I have heard it all, but it makes sense I guess. I am gonna have to try that when I go to chambers!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Tattooed Hunter View Post
        So wait, you use dove decoys to attract deer? I think now I have heard it all, but it makes sense I guess. I am gonna have to try that when I go to chambers!!!!
        Lol not exactly... The deer there at first point know what a shooting hole looks like, they can pick them out in a split second. From what i heard, if you perch a dove decoy in the shooting hole they will disregard it and not spook.... But I don't use them.

Comment

Originally posted by CTD2011 View Post
          Lol not exactly... The deer there at first point know what a shooting hole looks like, they can pick them out in a split second. From what i heard, if you perch a dove decoy in the shooting hole they will disregard it and not spook.... But I don't use them.

Not only can they spot pie holes, they can spot anything that looks different from the last time that deer was in the area. It's what makes FP in my opinion the most challenging hunt I have been on.

Don't try big wooden fake cactus's either....

Comment

Are there kill fees or just a daily fee?

Comment

Just day fees unless u shoot a penalty deer

Comment

Originally posted by Killem all View Post
                Just day fees unless u shoot a penalty deer
                Man, I am down to go then!!!

Comment

I keep tossing around the idea of a trip myself. I may just go this year.

Comment

I've been there several times. I've killed several deer there too. I've done pop ups, brush blinds, pit blinds and short tripods. My best blind is my cactus blind.

I can set this blind 5 yards off the road and the deer just walk by.
                    Pit blinds and brush blinds seem to work better than pop ups. I've seen video of big bucks walking down the road and seeing a pop up and then walking behind the blind and back down the road. All the while the hunter has no clue a buck even was nearby. At least that's what I have seen.

The deer there are very educated. They see just about everything. Good and bad.

I can't wait to get back out there.

Comment

That is one tricked out blind. How bout some more pics and a story behind the process?

Comment

The entire blind is made from fiberglass. We cut down some cactus from first point and took them home. We made some molds and started making parts. It took a long time to figure out the process and the color, but we feel like we have succeeded.
                        The blind is only 39" tall and you have to dig a pit foe your feet and some for your bottom, or at least I do. My dad is shorter than me and doesn't have to.
                        You can't shoot a regular bow from it you have to shoot one of these.

I don't have any more pictures of the blind, they have been lost on different phones over the years. I'll see if my dad has some of his.

Comment

Originally posted by huntinfool View Post
                          I've been there several times. I've killed several deer there too. I've done pop ups, brush blinds, pit blinds and short tripods. My best blind is my cactus blind.

I can set this blind 5 yards off the road and the deer just walk by.
                          Pit blinds and brush blinds seem to work better than pop ups. I've seen video of big bucks walking down the road and seeing a pop up and then walking behind the blind and back down the road. All the while the hunter has no clue a buck even was nearby. At least that's what I have seen.

The deer there are very educated. They see just about everything. Good and bad.

I can't wait to get back out there.

I told Marty the last time we were there that the best blind would be a tall cactus blind. I've been looking for the fake cactus pedals. I won't be able to stand it, once I get it done!!

Comment

We have looked everywhere we could think of for some fake cactus. We never did really find anything worth a darn.
                            We have been building these for about 6 years now. This is the 4th generation of the blind. Getting the cactus right is the key. You can use just about any kind of blind and with this cactus, it just disappears.
                            The biggest down fall is its a labor of love. We probably have over 1000 hours over years making all of the cactus and building the panels, and frame. Then we get to test them out and make improvements and try again. Each cactus piece has a PVC fitting in the end so it can be pushed on to the next piece. This allows us to twist the petals to whatever configuration we need. Also we devised a way to add a cactus petal anywhere on the blind.

Comment

Ttt

Comment

Thinking about getting a group and going this year!

Comment

Working...
                                X