Premier Ranch, Mason Texas

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dv9296 View Post
    "I see a 170 class typical standing at the feeder. How I didn’t spook it I’ll never know, "

I hate to inform you of this, but the reason you "didn't spook it" is because the deer may have eaten out of your hand if there were no corn at the feeder. You see, these hi dollar ranches that "guarantee" you a certain class buck have bought and paid for bucks all over the ranch that they feed on a normal basis in the same areas. They know where the bucks are going to be feeding like clockwork. There are huge bucks hanging on walls , mostly in the metro areas, shot by guys who have money, but no clue they shot a half tame animal. Does make for some good bragging on their hunting skills though. This is a multi million $ industry in Texas.

I am sure the Premier ranch is a nice place with some nice folks. If you want to pay that much for a buck that's your business. I am sure they even have some
    great bucks there that are truly "wild" . As for me, I prefer to hunt low fence free ranging wild deer. I know the Premier has at least 2 high fenced pastures. No goats or exotics behind high fences either. One ranch I hunted, I almost had to get out of the truck to run the stupid goats off the road.
    Sir, I hate to inform you but you are misinformed! Just because it's high fenced and purchased deer doesn't mean tame! I'm getting sick of dumb *** comments from know it alls like you. Feel free anytime you want to meet and come to the ranch I manage. 300"-150" deer not one is tame or will stand still long enough for a pic. Stay on your low fence and let the people that choose to hunt HF be.

Comment

I don't have a dog in this fight, as I'm on a low fence place but have hunted HF before, but this seems to be the new norm on TBH. Someone posts a positive review or live hunt on a HF place, and within 2 hours some LF hunter is coming in to say "I'm sticking to LF, cuz it's REAL hunting". The same people bash HF hunters for feeding deer in the same place at the same time and knowing where they're gonna be, then turn around and go to their LF place and shoot a buck they've seen for 2 weeks in a row on a TC under a barrel feeder and claim they're on a "real" hunt. Keep your negativity to yourselves, I've been on a huge HF ranch and seen trail cam pictures of 175" deer that are at the same place nightly, but have never been seen in person during the day. Not saying Premiere is a huge place, but there is NEVER a guaranteed hunt anywhere IMHO.

Thank you for your review of the Premiere Ranch OP, I drive by it on the way to my lease and am looking forward to one day making it out there for the experience!

Comment

Working...
      X