Transferring Video Projects

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Transferring Video Projects

Does anybody know how to transfer Adobe Premiere projects from one computer to another? Those video files are so huge. Gracias!

I'm pretty sure that you have to use an FTP (not entirely sure what that stands for) transfer. This requires you to get the username and login of the other computer. I'll try to find the link that gives a very clear explanation of how to do it. Also you should be able to use a flash drive, I transferred autocad files that were like 100mb with no problems.

Comment

Courtney,
      You're either going to have to be on a network, have an external drive (hard drive, BIG flash drive) or network the two together with a crossover cable.

Either way, you're probably going to need some hardware. Either a router, a flash drive or an external hard drive. How big is the largest avi file?

Comment

LAN is not an available option. Perhaps an external hard drive or flash drive is the way to go. Casey, I think it is less than 500 mb.
        Last edited by Sika; 02-21-2007, 10:30 PM.

Comment

Flash drive is the way to go. Be sure when transferring to get all the referenced clips and wav files from their location. I have done this and it will ask you where the file is if it can't find it. You will have to redirect it to the file. Not hard but can be time consuming if you reference alot of different files.

Comment

I have about 20 gigs to transfer. I think an external harddrive would be the quickest way to save and transfer the files.

Comment

I do not know if you got this figured out, I am just joining, but the external is the way to go. I keep a copy of all my projects on external until I know that I am finished with them, which is usually a long time. In Premiere you can go to PROJECT, then project manager and click the button that says copy all files to one location. If you are like me, I end up grabbing a stock file that I have sitting around and it is not in my work folder. Anyway, copy all of this to one location, then you can move that entire folder copy to the external drive. This way everything is there for use later and you can still mess with it on your computer, or simply delete it. Hope this helps.

Comment

200 gig external drive. Firewire & usb

In Dallas we have an electronics place that sales drive external cases for 65.00 the 200 gig hard drive about 120.00. For 2 to 250.00 you can solve your problem forever. You can burn from it and edit from it too. The firewire is fast as hell.

That is the industry standard for work transport. Very simple stupid way that works great.

Tool

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                Does anybody know how to transfer Adobe Premiere projects from one computer to another? Those video files are so huge. Gracias!

Comment

That is small for video you can back that up on....

700mb cd.

Cheap and easy.

Tool

Originally posted by Sika View Post
                  LAN is not an available option. Perhaps an external hard drive or flash drive is the way to go. Casey, I think it is less than 500 mb.

Comment

Working...
                  X