Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bruiser View Post
    I was 280.5 on Feb 1. I weigh 188.6 this morinig. Been in the 180's for a couple months

[emoji1319] wow that is awesome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Icetrauma I have found that on keto even my lightweight coworkers I used to laugh at will quickly drink me under the table. Also,hangovers are much worse.

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post
        Icetrauma I have found that on keto even my lightweight coworkers I used to laugh at will quickly drink me under the table. Also,hangovers are much worse.

Yes they are and it wasn't a planned moment either.

Comment

I was 280.5 on Feb 1. I weigh 188.6 this morinig. Been in the 180's for a couple months
          Awesome accomplishment!! Was this mainly via ketosis??

Comment

Originally posted by icetrauma View Post
            Whelp, Saturdays episode of boozing, went side ways. Yes, drank way to much and didn't eat enough. That wasn't the plan. Anyway, my brother in law, myself and daughters boyfriend, drank 2 bottles of wine and a 5th of Four Roses Single Barrel in 3-4 hrs. Woke up Sunday morning and felt like absolute garbage, drank 1 pt of heavy cream, how I kept it down is beyond me. Tested Ketones, pee stick, Sunday evening and was still in small ketosis. Went to eat with the family, ate pizza because I was to cheap to order me shrimp or chicken salad. Woke up this am and hit the gym. One of the worst workouts ever. Went to sleep and woke up around 4pm, working nights, pee'd on a stick and back in to large ketosis. I have no clue how I'm not out of whack. Down 8 lbs in 1 week.

Holiday plan is to stay on track as much as possible. Allow a cheat day here and there and not beat myself up over it. Goal is to make it to January at around 270 +/- a few lbs. Then, it's on.
            Sounds like a killer hangover! I am not sure how to approach the holidays. I am really not eating like I was prior to starting Keto, but I have been eating a lot of root vegetables and a few fruits. Not doing the Ketosis eating program and my biggest issue is the hunger feeling shortly after eating or if I do any kind off moderate exercise. I hate that feeling and it drives me to eat more food than I need.

Comment

thanks!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                Awesome accomplishment!! Was this mainly via ketosis??
                Yes, all keto.

bp went from 135-140/85 to 115/65. total cholesterol is upper limit of optimal, bad chol is slightly high, good chol is high so ratio is good. Feel great!
                Last edited by Bruiser; 11-16-2017, 06:04 AM.

Comment

Yes, all keto.

bp went from 135-140/85 to 115/65. total cholesterol is upper limit of optimal, bad chol is slightly high, good chol is high so ratio is good. Feel great!
                  Awesome job bud!!

Comment

Originally posted by Pedernal View Post
                    Awesome job bud!!

Comment

Well my Keto brothers, I'll be enjoying myself the next 2 days then, back on Friday. Anyone else going to enjoy themselves over the Turkey Day festivities? I started off with the abomination of the McRib. :O

Comment

Not me. We had to cancel the big family thanksgiving due to my kid having the flu and my niece brought her newborn in town. So I’m quarantined here with the wife, daughter and a 20lb turkey. Asked my wife to lock the liquor cabinet and hide the key. Gonna eat turkey and green beans until I pass out.

Comment

I plan on having a glass of wine, and staying away from the mashed potatoes and rolls, lol. I’m not much of a sweets person, but if I have a bite or two I won’t let it bother me. My biggest problem so far was not eating the whole pan of sweet cornbread that was going in the dressing! Okay, maybe not the ENTIRE pan, but when you haven’t had bread in like, forever, those little edges taste soooo dang good!

*I’m with you guys on the whole alcohol reaction thing. I’ve gotten to the point where it takes very little to have negative effects. Not sure if it’s from keto, or just not drinking it as much.

Comment

Anyone on a Ketogenic Diet?

My beautiful wife made a huge layer salad with hand cut bacon bits on 2 layers and substituted Splenda for the sugar. Then she basted the turkey in the leftover bacon grease[emoji39]. I cheated with a spoonful of green bean casserole, one bite of mashed taters and one bite of stuffing. Didn’t even look at the Texas Roadhouse rolls. Just finished a 4 mile run and am about to vacuum seal all the leftovers. I think I can declare victory over Thanksgiving for once[emoji23]

Comment

BigL. I have nothing against anything that works for people. This is not for you. Have you tried eating small meals every 2 hours and drink a gallon of water daily. Drink no sugar. Black coffee, tea, water only. Just take junk food off the menu. I've put folks on this eating plan and all that have done it usually loose 4-6 pounds a week. Hardest part is meal prep. If you forget you can go to Subway and buy a footling and have it cut into 4 sections and you have 4 meals. Good luck. Wish all of you success and better health

Comment

Originally posted by TexaRican View Post

Its definitely lightened my beer tab. Can get a buzz with just a couple of Ultra's.

Comment

Working...
                                X