Duck hunting Saturday?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Duck hunting Saturday?

Just wondering if anyone is gonna try to duck hunt Saturday morning, with the high rain chances. My buddies and I are trying to decide if we are mad enough at them to try it! We hunt in the Matagorda and Wharton County area and the weatherman is saying 50-60% chance in the morning
    Last edited by ksop; 11-22-2013, 10:18 AM.

Wouldn't miss it! Rice fields are the best in the rain.

Comment

Ducks are waterproof the rain doesn't bother them at all. Some of my best hunts have been in pouring rain. Most of the gear you will be wearing is waterproof or water resistant any way. Go for it!!!

Comment

I would be if I wasn't headed to South Dakota

Comment

If I didn't have my sights set on give a few deer a dirt nap this weekend I would sure be whackin n stackin

Comment

Better lead em good...wind will be gusting up over 30

Comment

A huge flock of geese just flew over my house here in Mission, trying to outrun the front. Sure brought back a lot of memories of duck & goose hunting on the coast back in my younger days.

Comment

Looks like a duck hunting forecast to me this weekend! Cold, windy and wet. Good luck.

Comment

I'll be laying in a goose field! This is ducky weather!

Comment

Originally posted by Cowpolks-TR View Post
                    Ducks are waterproof the rain doesn't bother them at all. Some of my best hunts have been in pouring rain. Most of the gear you will be wearing is waterproof or water resistant any way. Go for it!!!
                    Yup!!

Comment

I will, my boys might sleep in though. I don't want to take a chance on them getting sick in this weather. Im sure that I will get the normal eye roll from my wife when I head out and she asks why I am going to hunt in freezing rain. Its nice to have a place that is only 15 minutes from my house if things get too bad.

Comment

They still fly in the rain! Scouted one of my tanks this morning and watched 70 birds pile in and watched them work in the rain. I have had some of my best hunts in the rain

Comment

If my wife wasn't due on Wed. and I had my in-laws in town I would of called off work today and be hunting all weekend best freakin time but no chance for me so kill some for me!!!

Comment

I will be hunting deer and most likely dreaming of ducks...unless Mr. Nasty steps out at about 25 yards. And at that point ducks will be the furthest thing from my mind!

Comment

We will be chasing them this weekend

Comment

Working...
                              X