• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lightning strike

This mesquite did not fare to well
    Attached Files

Here is another pic

There were chunks of mesquite 30 yards in every direction... My opology for not capturing it correctly
    Attached Files

Comment

Mezquite no mas.

Comment

I remember spiral marks on pine trees in east Texas when I was a kid. Parents taught me not to stand under a tree during a lighting storm.

Comment

Wow. Great pics

Comment

Cool how Mother Nature works

Comment

I bet at least some of that tree lives. Lots of crazy power in lightning.

Comment

Cool facts:

A Lightning strike can reach speeds of 200,000 mph, and carry 1 BILLION volts

Comment

There was a few branches that are still green. in the past I have seen trees split and charred but I had not seen one "blow up" like this one did.

Comment

A tree got struck about 50 feet from my bedroom once. I was asleep until it felt like an earthquake and sounded like a bomb went off. It looked like day light through the window. It shook the whole house or seemed like it anyway. Scared my dog so bad he went and slept in the living room the rest of the night. I knew it was close but I didn't realize how close until the next day when I saw that tree.

Comment

Cool pics. Glad no one was near that tree.

Comment

We have a huge willow tree on the lake at work that got blown up last year. I’ll try and get some pics tomorrow if it isn’t raining- I melt

Comment

Great pictures. You have some mighty fine bbq wood there !

Comment

I believe you're mistaken.
                            thats a clear indication you have a 272" deer walking around your woods.

Comment

whoooo!

Comment

Working...
                              X