Sight Adjustment Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sight Adjustment Issue

I looked at my Dads bow briefly today and thought something must be off.

It's a Z7 Extreme that he bought new about two months ago. It has a rear peep, D loop and a Rip Chord drop away rest with a Tru Glo large ring 4 pin sight.

The issue is to get on target he has the front sight adjusted so far down that the vertical bar has ran out of adjustment and may not be making 100% contact with the sight mount.

I did notice the rest is set so high that the containment bar is against the bottom of framework for the cable rollers.

Any thoughts on what adjustment to make so that the sight can be more centered in the mounting system?

Are there any other sight mounting holes on the riser?

Comment

Rocky where ya at?

Comment

unless things have changed his rest should come to full draw at or near the berger button.

Comment

his nock is too high...need to retune

Comment

1. Check rest and nock alignment to make sure it isn't too high.
            2. Lower his anchor point.
            3. Raise the peep after lowering anchor point

Comment

he might need to change his anchor point, this will re-set peep height and should fix the issue. i had a similar issue with my rush when i got it but it was maxed in the other direction. after messing with it for half an hour dave sr. @ santa fe came in and said "you need to move you change your anchor point son". we raised the anchor 1/2" and re-set the peep height and the gang adjustment fell right into the middle of the site.

Comment

this is something I did on my carbon xs sight, but i turned it upside down, the sight arm had an angle up in regular position but my vertical sight clamp was way down, so I just undid everything and turned the sight arm upside down and put it back together. I did it just cause I felt really comfortable with my anchor point and nock point, so I didn't want to retune the bow

Comment

Working...
                X