No announcement yet.

Is it Hunting or Harvesting?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But if you have a good “fawn crop” wouldn’t you harvest them later...

I don’t say harvest. I kill, but for some reason TPWL says i still have fill out a harvest log...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

My head hurts.

Comment

We never used the term harvested for anything. I was raised on my family's farm in Chambers County Texas. We used our combines, not harvesters. We cut rice and soybeans with them.

As far as hunting we have killed and shot lots of everything.

But, what do I know, I'm no yankee.

Comment

People who "harvest" deer are the same folks that put beans in chili.

Comment

I'd say I hunt.. I get the moniker harvesting because many game ranches your pocket book decides the size of your trophy, Not luck or skill. I dont knock those guys n gals cause we all are enjoying the outdoors our own way.

Comment

I lost my 'harvesting lease' this year, so I'll call it whatever you want me to if you let me sit and wait on an animal with my bow on your land in the hopes of terminating its life.

Comment

Originally posted by canny View Post
                To me hunting is like what we do in East Texas where the deer numbers are lower and pressure is higher. You have to pull out some tricks and do your homework to consistently kill good deer. On the other hand our place in S. TX is the opposite. During Nov the bucks frequent corn feeders (even the mature bucks) so its kinda like shopping. Sit in a tripod over a corned sendero and see what comes out. That to me is more of a harvesting as you can count on deer showing up every time and its just waiting for the right one to show.
                thank you.

Comment

Originally posted by antlercollector View Post
                  people who "harvest" deer are the same folks that take deer with a rifle....

fify..

Comment

It just depends if you "hunt" the deer. Could have a 1 million acre high fence ranch and hunt a deer that's never had eyes laid upon it. That's hunting. Or you could shoot a deer out of your back window, on a low fence ranch that wouldn't run away if you screamed at it. Thats not hunting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dale Moser View Post
                      I guarantee you, you aint harvesting them tenderloins until you kill that deer!
                      Fact

Gary

Comment

Hunting is putting in work to find and kill deer. Scouting, patterning, and ambushing.

Shooting deer over a feeder/bait is not hunting.
                        High fence is not hunting.

Comment

Really stupid & combative OP...not asking anything, opinion already formed by a self proclaimed superior sportsman with more chiming in.

Comment

Originally posted by curtintex View Post
                            Harvest, by literal definition according to Webster's Dictionary, mean the taking of crops.
                            Oh yeah?
                            Originally posted by Merriam Webster
                            : to gather, catch, hunt, or kill (salmon, oysters, deer, etc.) for human use, sport, or population control

Who cares?

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiled_TN_boy View Post
                              Hunting is putting in work to find and kill deer. Scouting, patterning, and ambushing.

Shooting deer over a feeder/bait is not hunting.
                              High fence is not hunting.
                              You're one of them special fellas that hugs tree's aren't you?

Comment

I kill. I don’t harvest

Comment

Working...
                                X