Comment

Originally posted by OldRiverRat View Post
      Buy a heater body suit if you are going that direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
      Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
      A sleeping bag works good.
      Originally posted by BrandonA View Post
      Sleeping bag with Suspenders attached
      If you know how to sew, you can save yourself a lot of money.
      I have a heater suit and I don't live to far from you. You are welcome to use mine as far as a pattern and just make you one. All you need to do is find a bag that is water/wind proof. I have used mine a couple of times when I was up in Kansas when it was spittin sleet and snow and the wind was howling. Kept me on stand all the way to lunch.

Comment

I like that tree stand body bag

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          I've been thinking about how I hate being cold while on the stand or in the blind. For my ground blind I have a propane heater that works wonderfully, but for tree stands... ugh!

So I started thinking about maybe washing a blanket in scent free stuff and putting it in a small watertight storage container and keeping it at the base of the tree. This way I wouldn't have to pack it with all of the other stuff that I have to have.

Obviously, this wouldn't work for public lands.
          Ever look at the Heater Suit? I think that's what they are called

Comment

I must not have asked my question correctly. What I'm asking is ...

Does anyone store "stuff" (ie a blanket) in a container at the blind or tree stand so you won't have to carry it in every time.

Comment

Yes, storing a blanket or sleeping bag in a plastic container in the blind is a great idea.

Comment

Just dressing properly for cold weather will solve your problem. This is a subject that seems to come up every year. I have not searched, but I would be willing to bet it would be pretty easy to find those previous threads about dressing for cold weather. There is some good advice to be had there.

Comment

So I started thinking about maybe washing a blanket in scent free stuff and putting it in a small watertight storage container and keeping it at the base of the tree. This way I wouldn't have to pack it with all of the other stuff that I have to have.
                  I must not have asked my question correctly. What I'm asking is ...

Does anyone store "stuff" (ie a blanket) in a container at the blind or tree stand so you won't have to carry it in every time.
                  I guess we all missed it!!!
                  I guess that would work. But what if you are like me and have about 7 tree stand sets!!

Comment

Originally posted by sqiggy View Post
                    I guess we all missed it!!!
                    I guess that would work. But what if you are like me and have about 7 tree stand sets!!
                    Then I guess there be 7 in my world! Except some stands are early season, some are mid season and some are late season.

Thanks Court!

Comment

I have this really cool sister who got me a bigger pack for cold weather hunting....

I dress as lightly as possible to make the trip to my stand without freezing or getting frostbite. All my outer layers go in the pack. When I get to my stand, I am usually really cold. I finish getting dressed and then I stay warm until well after sunrise.

Has anyone ever done CryoTherapy? You get into a chamber chilled with liquid nitrogen for 3-5 minutes. Temperatures are super cold. The idea is that when you get out, the rush of blood back to your skin flushes sore muscles and aches/pains away. The side effect is a sudden warming effect. Many people get hot for a while afterwards due to the rush of blood to the skin. I did it once, but I am too cold-natured and claustrophobic. The same thing happens going to my stand when I underdress for the trip to the stand. It really works!

Comment

Buy some wool and problem solved

Comment

I keep a few things in the box blind that I get out and take to the bow blind.

Comment

Originally posted by Pistol View Post
                            I have this really cool sister who got me a bigger pack for cold weather hunting....
                            I bet I know who is getting what for Christmas!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Goldeneagle View Post
                              A sleeping bag works good.
                              I use an Army OD green sleeping bag.

Comment

Working...
                              X