Little trick to get unstuck in mud...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DRT View Post
    Not mine. But I've pulled my buddies f250 out 3 times.

Gary
    That's funny because I have pulled my buddies Tacoma out about a half a dozen times. Maybe they need to learn to drive in the mud. LOL

Comment

Originally posted by Smart View Post
      Another trick....probably easier than carrying around sackrete.....but I'm sure they both work...

Daddy Youtube taught me this one..

You wont believe this trick to get your truck out of the mud - YouTube
      I literally just left Lowe’s with some boards heading to my lease in sweetwater to get my truck unstuck. Bisch was telling me about this yesterday.

Comment

I just ordered some tire chains, I hear they work pretty good in mud. We’ll see.
        Anyone have luck with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by boh347 View Post
          I just ordered some tire chains, I hear they work pretty good in mud. We’ll see.

I wouldn't want to deal with chains in the mud. They are for snow, not mud for a reason. Just the process of installing chains in the mud would be risky.

Comment

Originally posted by Ironman View Post
            I wouldn't want to deal with chains in the mud. They are for snow, not mud for a reason. Just the process of installing chains in the mud would be risky.

I don’t see why they’d just be for snow. Run chains on skid steer all the time in mud.

Comment

Chains are not much help in the mud and awful to deal with afterwards.

Comment

I don’t see why they’d just be for snow. Run chains on skid steer all the time in mud.

If you put them on before you get stuck, then maybe they will help on slick mud you don't sink in.

Comment

Originally posted by ironman View Post
                  if you put them on before you get stuck, then maybe they will help on slick mud you don't sink in.
                  10-4

Comment

Originally posted by bowhuntertex View Post
                    That's funny because I have pulled my buddies Tacoma out about a half a dozen times. Maybe they need to learn to drive in the mud. LOL
                    I ordered mine with locking differentials and it is pretty reliable. I'm sure if I tried to cross a boggy pasture or something it would get stuck. I don't run mudders any more but I also have a little more discretion. I've got 264,000 miles on it and need to get another 100K out of it.

Gary

Comment

If their is a chance of getting stuck hitch a ride in your buddies truck.

Comment

pulled out chevy ..ford..and a hummer from lake somerville beaches wet and dry...with my 2x4 tundra....hehehe

Comment

Originally posted by flywise View Post
                          Good tips......but I'll just walk if I think there is a possibility of getting stuck

Comment

If you are using chains, put an old tire between two chains for pulling. Creates a rubber band effect to pop out of mud. Pulled trucks out this way that were buried to chassis

Comment

Used chains many times in the mud back in the 70's ...was younger and not as careful about where I drove. They worked great...but not much fun to put on.

Comment

Got stuck a few weeks ago during all that rain out at the property. I'm usually very cautious in the one area as it is prone to getting very soft and soupy after heavy rains. It was no longer raining that morning. Conditions didn't look that bad. I should of gotten off to check the conditions. I proceeded to drive through when I felt my front tires sink in. I put it in reverse to drive back out but made the mistake of not staying on the road. Left front and rear driver side tires started spinning. I know from experience once they start spinning stop before you bury up to the chassis. It will take more work getting unstuck. Fortunately what I used was 2 small sections of chain link fence I found on property. Dug a bit behind front and rear tires. Laid the fence in back of tires. Drove it right out. I thought to myself. These two small sections of fence worked so well and they roll up really nice they might be good to pack with me along with a shovel (try to always take a shovel) if I ever think I'll be headed someplace where I might get stuck.

Comment

Working...
                                X