Grendel Recipes with 8208 XBR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Grendel Recipes with 8208 XBR

I have been testing different powders through my Grendels. I was not impressed too much with CFE 223. I have read lots of guys loving the 8208 XBR, so I thought I would try it.
    I have both 16" and 20" uppers in Grendel. Bought to work up a ladder test but thought I would ask if anyone has a load that has been successful for them.
    thanks,
    Brett A

I like CFE223 but it has been delisted (pressure spikes I assume).

TAC is the go to powder it seems so I will try that next.

I have used Varget, Benchmark, CFE223, Blc2.

Without a bullet and weight it is hard to recommend anything.

Comment

I have tried a couple but I use TAC now. Very accurate out of an 18" stainless Shilen barrel.

Comment

IME 8208XBR works good on 100 grain class bullets. I’ve seen pressure spikes on 120 class bullets.

CFE223 is good for velocity but accuracy doesn’t seem to be on par for me. I’m still searching for that perfect powder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

Sorry, I guess I should have included that I will be loading 123 gr. SSTs.

Comment

Originally posted by Brett A View Post
            Sorry, I guess I should have included that I will be loading 123 gr. SSTs.
            Hodgdon says to start at 25.5 and max is 28.5.

Comment

good powder but approach 28.5 gr with caution if at all with the 123g bullets, it doesn't take much above that to spike real fast with 8208 and in some rifles 28.5 is too hot. I know quite a few that find a good node in the 27 to 28 range. 27.5 showed good promise sub MOA in my AR Grendel with 123gr SST.

My most accurate loads have been with CFE 223 and 130gr Berger AR Hybrids. 30.6gr COAl 2.270 CCI 450 primer has produced numerous 3 shot groups under .25 at 100 yards from the CZ semi custom.

TAC, AR Comp, 2520, Benchmark, BLC-2 are all good ones as well.

Comment

27.8 gr of 8208 with 123 gr AMAX use CCI BR primers. Make sure to seat bullets at a length for proper feeding.

Comment

Working...
                X