Drawn for Laguna Atascosa Archery Exotic

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BigRed323 View Post
    Your biggest enemy are the seed ticks out there. I've never had chiggers out there but the ticks can be horrendous.

I thought one year my legs were dirty so I didn't pay any attention to the brownish color. By the time I knew it, hundreds had crawled all over my body and I spent the next day with a fever and chills. Permethrin is a must have.
    Thanks
    I hunted there years ago but it was cold and ticks and chiggers weren't a concern...I was told when I was down a few weeks ago scouting that a few of the folks had gotten into chiggers real bad. I'll be prepared for that.

Comment

Originally posted by GBludau View Post
      Thanks for sharing your sightingd. **** the luck though. 4 nilgai in bow range, what distance do you consider bow range?

I'm shooting out to 70yds.

i had one at 8 yds that i surprised in a really thick patch of brush, 2 at 30 yds and 1 at 50 yds..

the first day, nilgai were walking edges of fields and would have allowed close contact, but by second day, they went right down the middle of fields

Comment

Anyone else kill a nilgai?

Just curious if anyone else had any luck on the archery hunt? I was down there the weekend after Thanksgiving and was lucky enough to kill a bull. It was a really tough hunt and only a couple of nilgai were killed during my hunt.

Comment

Working...
        X