Lbj

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Lbj

Saw me some does and turkeys today when out there running about..several of each to be exact.
    GOBBLE GOBBLE GOBBLE! Getting close to the time eh guys! Whos ready???

I am soooo ready for some turkey, squirrel, coyotes, camping.
    But it looks like I have a documentary shoot in Phoenix on opening day of turkey.....darn. Gotta make living so I can hopefully buy a new bow soon!
    G' Luck.

Comment

Can't wait to do so me turkey hunting this year for the first time every.

Comment

It'll be my wifes first time hunting! I can't wait!!

Comment

Well Toona i hope you set your wife up on alot of Tom's for her to get her first.Good luck to all you guys hunting out there...Brian

Comment

Brian..had to work last weekend and bros brought in the 4 wheeler..tripods..popups..feeders but NOT my backpack and hunting box..maybe I can get down there before the 1st and collect it ll if not I'll go buy some new calls

Comment

Saw some idiot yelping to public land birds this morning north of decatur. If you are on here, thanks for nuthin bud. That is one sure way to get the birds turned off in a hurry. And you were real affable to me when I tried to speak to you. In fact, you were down right rude, but hey, maybe you will get lucky this year and get ya a jake to put under yer belt. Please stop educating the birds before the season starts!!! A big thanks from your brethren of public land turkey hunters. Now I know where to be opening morning-thanks for puttin me on the birds buddy, didnt even have to get out of my truck.

Comment

You too piggyback. Came across a guy calling to birds. I don't understand the purpose of calling to birds before the season opens. Like they don't get enough pressure. I didn't see you out there this morning. Maybe we can hook up for a hunt this year. Birds were really fired up this morning. More north than south, but ought to be a great opener. Good luck everyone. I really hope that wasn't someone on this site calling to birds. It's hard enough as it is.

Comment

Saw them to the north yesterday when I was there myself..of course on private land
                  Whos the dummy trying to EVIDENTLY use call techniques to find where the birds are I wonder??

Comment

Went with a buddy and his two kids this morning for youth hunt. We had a couple of gobblers working until a pair of coyotes and another single decided to check out the action. Gobblers went silent. End of hunt.

Looks like we need to thin the herd of coyotes.

Scott

Comment

So piggyBack, in your infinite wisdom, how would you like someone to locate birds on public land without educating them? If they hear you, they are educated. If they see you, they are educated. How about some constructive tips instead of namecalling and bashing.

Comment

He's not bashing, anyone who knows anything about turkey hunting knows calling and educating birds the week before the season is PURE IGNORANCE. How bout looking for tracks or droppings instead of ruining the hunt.

Comment

Bad news

Bad news for all you grassland turkey hunters. A youth hunter found and killed the only gobbler out there this last weekend. Don't even bother since he was the only one. Everybody stay away.

You can locate gobblers without educating them by hooting like an owl early morning or late evening. There are several other locator calls you can use like a woodpecker or crow call.

Took my 9 yr old grandson out and had two mature longbeards within 50 yds. They hung up, got suspicious and hauled butt.

Had a big male coyote appear in a ditch about 15 ft. away. I threw a stick at him and he barely flinched. He then crouched and started creeping toward us. I finally stood up and ran at him. He ran about 20 ft and stared at us. He finally ran off but appeared later and ran a gobbler off. We had a bird gobbling headed toward us or I would've let my grandson shoot him. Dang coyotes.

Comment

I'm with piggy on this one. You don't have to let the turkeys see or hear you to find them. Find some birds gobbling on the roost and follow at a safe distance. Learn their patterns and use your woodsmanship skills(if you have any) to formulate a decent plan to get your redhead.(or blonde for piggyback) Sorry to hear there are no more turkeys at LBJ. Guess we'll have to shoot coyotes instead. I'm no expert, but use your better judgement fellas. Some of us like to actually shoot turkeys. I get my birds every year, but it's a lot tougher than it should be sometimes.

Comment

was at valley view sunday with the dogs looking to train and flush a few quail..saw lots of people doing some homework and didnt see or hear NUTHIN all day as far as birds go,,not even a quail!

Comment

Working...
                              X