The Ultimate Pit Bow Blind

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Ultimate Pit Bow Blind

Some of you asked me to post these a while back, but I haven't been able to then forgot. They are the cats meow to us. We now have 3 completed and one under construction. They are nice where you don't have feed pens and nice when it's warm out as they aren't nearly as hot as the two we have that are not pit blinds. If you have ever hunted in a box blind that is 100% above ground in 85 degree weather you know what I am talking about.

These have everything from two way mirrors, lights, air hawk in roof, roll roofing, insulation, shoot through mesh, etc. Hardi exterior and they keep improving with each one we build. Kids have killed deer from them at 5 yards and Turkey at 3 yards. You basically become invisible.

The bottom is poured concrete
    walls are cinder blocks filled with concrete and rebar (Not all), then covered with a mortar and a heavy duty adhesive in between and at the joints to prevent water from coming in.

I think the cinder walls are 33" high or so. It is 8'x8' and about 8' tall I think, but only about 5' out of the ground.

The top that is bolted on top of the cinder blocks.

Very nice! I like it! If you owned your own place this would be the way to go!!

Comment

WOW...strong work! Two way mirrors is a great idea!!! Did yall camo it?

Comment

That's Sweet looking blind................ How do you keep the rain water out or dose any get in at all?

Comment

awesome looking blinds, but i sure hope there snake proof

looks like a snake magnet with the cool cement floor

Comment

could you hide it a bit more?

Comment

That's way cool

Comment

Nice so where's the A/C unit!!

Comment

May have to try something similar myself sometime. I saw the same type of setup on an African hunt TV show. Maybe stays cooler being partially submerged during the hot months?

Comment

That is nice.

Comment

Make sure the door is sealed. I agree with the "snake magnet" theory.

Comment

That is a lot of work but they do look comfortable.

You will need more than adhesive between the block to keep water out. You need to coat the entire exterior of the blocks or water will leach in through the blocks.

Comment

Whats the purpose of burying it like that? Especially if your going to have it out in the open. Seems like a lot of work. I like tree blinds for bow hunting. It makes me feel like I'm one with nature instead of sitting in a recliner waiting for that WINDOW of opportunity.

Comment

Way over the top and I like it.

Well done, Brett.
                            Hunting Videos & Flickr Pix

Comment

they are snake proof or have been so far. no rain gets in, its got a roof on it. the entire cinder blocks are coated to prevent leaching, they are not camoed as it is cooler being a light color. i would prefer myself to paint them and brush them in, but they are all near water where animals have to drink so they get used to them. being submerged and concrete does make them cooler. we got that idea from africa. and i stll love a brush blind or tripod, but this is really nice on a cold windy or wet day. and try sitting in a tripod for 8 hours a day and videoing your hunt on top of that and these become very nice

Comment

Working...
                              X