richland creek?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

richland creek?

do any of yall have any tips on where to go for hogs at richland creek? its open for the month of april for hogs and this will be our first trip to this place. any secret spots will be appreciated,lol

richland

I drive past this place everyday on my way to work in Palestine. I have seen a large boar almost everyday in the Forbiden Zone. As of the flooding this weekend, I saw him on the huntable side. This is at first light in the gas line right aways. good luck.

Comment

hehe, yeah they know where that forbidden zone is I bowhunted there this last october.

Comment

talked to a game warden down there yesterday and he said right now they have the place closed because of the water, supposed to call him back before we go to make sure its going to be open for hunting

Comment

talked to a game warden down there yesterday and he said right now they have the place closed because of the water, supposed to call him back before we go to make sure its going to be open for hunting
          It will be closed for a LONG time (months), the whole place is a flood plane on the trinity river. They nearly cancelled the second archery hunt in october due to maybe 2 or 3 inches of rain (in the middle of a drought no less), supposedly it can get real dangerous out there real quick. Richland chambers will be releasing water for a long time because several reservoirs above it like navarro mill and bardwell are near flood pool RC started releasing early for this exact reason, I'm sure cedar creek is also releasing.
          Last edited by boss bowman; 04-04-2007, 08:19 PM.

Comment

Working...
          X