No announcement yet.

2012 PSE Brute X

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I shot the Assassin and the Brute X side by side yesterday and honestly, I was wanting the assassin before I got there. But after shootong them both, I like the PSE much better. The Assassin had what seemed like a brick wall before the let off and I hated it. It felt great through the shot but the draw was a deal breaker for me. The PSE felt great all the way through. After shooting for about an hour. I think am going to go get the Brute X.

Comment

When it comes time to upgrade those strings keep in mind http://www.korbinsarchery.com/ He makes the best strings on the market bar none!!

Comment

I am deciding between the PSE Brute X and Bowtech assassin, I see that some of you have said the factory strings are not too great, do you mind elaborating on that.

Comment

My brother in laws peep on his was always turning even with a tube tied to it. They are not twisted very tight either. You can just tell they are cheep by looking at them. He put a set of Korbins on and solved his problems.

Comment

Thanks for the info, do you know how long they lasted before they started to twist? Would it be better to upgrade the string right away, or could i get away with the factory string for a while? money is tight.

Comment

U could get away with them for awhile. He replaced his a couple weeks afterwards because he got tired of fighting the peep.

Comment

Originally posted by Ryan727 View Post
                Thanks for the info, do you know how long they lasted before they started to twist? Would it be better to upgrade the string right away, or could i get away with the factory string for a while? money is tight.
                Got told 2 days ago by a tech at a shop that they stretch after 100-200 initial shots. I'd go ahead and put Korbins on there right away. Get it over with.

Comment

Just bought my Brute X today cant wait for it to get in.

Comment

Ok, went to Cabelas here in Fort Worth today and shot the Brute X....VERY IMPRESSED. Its price, smooth draw and accuracy were really good, excellent I'd say. It was set on 60# and I think the draw length was 29 and I'm telling you it was one of the smoothest bows I've ever shot. It was the complete package bow set, with quiver, stab, rest and sights for $500 AND it was that cool looking new Skullworks Camo too, like that kid has at the top of this thread.

I shot for about 10 minutes and was stacking them on top of each other at 10 yards. I know that range is nothing, but it had a darn Whisker Biscuit on it and the arrows were way too long for it! Haha, I think I'd upgrade the rest to a QAD or Ripcord and eventually upgrade the sights to Spot Hoggs but this bow is for real and its a shooter. If you need a bow on a budget or a quality backup, this is the one!!!!! I really want a Destroyer 350 but I may get one of these and when I can afford the Destroyer at the end of the summer, upgrade and give this bow to my dad.

One last thing, go ahead and expect to buy new strings right off the bat, these stock PSE strings suck....it kept twisting and they just look cheap, but what do you expect for a bow this price.
                    Last edited by Daniel75; 05-13-2012, 01:26 PM.

Comment

Working...
                    X