Fireplace Blower

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Fireplace Blower

Ive got a fireplace but it doesnt have any type of blower system. Anyone here ever make your own? If so, post up some pictures. Ive looked online, and some are upwards of $300! dont want to spend close to that much. Let me know what yall got. TIA

Spencer

$20 fan from Wal-Mart!

Comment

I made sure I had one installed when I built my house. It will heat the whole house. I wanted a functional fireplace not a mood one.

Comment

I'm interested in what others have to say, too. I'd like to do this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dusty Britches View Post
          I'm interested in what others have to say, too. I'd like to do this.

guess were the only ones.

Comment

That's strange. Usually there's a bunch of "smert" people on here.

Comment

My parents had a separate duct system installed in their house when they built it back in 1981. It has a blower control next to the fireplace that would send the heat throughout the whole house. I remember sweating sometimes at night when that thing was on because that fireplace would put out some heat. Most of the time, when we had enough wood, we didnt even use the central heat unless no one was at home and it was just used to keep the house warm during the day. On weekends, we never even turned it on and just kept adding wood to the fire. Man, those were the good ole days. I will have one in my house when we build.

Comment

I haven’t made one but this may be helpful

For all those people who find it more convenient to bother you with their question rather than to Google it for themselves.

Comment

Simple system by one of our country's founders. All I got.

Details of Benjamin Franklin's many discoveries and inventions, including mapping the Franklin stove

Benjamin Franklin is known for his excellent contribution to the creation of modern fireplace inserts. Inspired by the work of Franz Kessler and Jean Desaguliers, his invention saved several lives and brought a more efficient heating source during a serious wood shortage.

Comment

Anything you build, be careful of CO (carbon monoxide), odorless, colorless, deadly.

Comment

Originally posted by Playa View Post
                      I haven’t made one but this may be helpful

http://lmgtfy.com/?q=diy+fireplace+blower
                      WOW! What a Richard Noggin!

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                        I actually found it useful.

Comment

Originally posted by COACH_EM_UP View Post
                          Richard Noggin— that’s almost as funny as LMGTFY!

There is a boat load of diy videos and instructables has several builds as well. I found them by googling

Comment

Years ago I made one for a house I lived in. I took a small blower and connected it to a short piece of 1 1 /14" pipe. Ran that pipe to the back of the fire place where it made a "t". One side pointing out of the front of the fire place, the other going about 4" to another "T" doing the same thing. Looked like and "E" when finished. Sat the wood on the pipe and when the pipe got hot, I'd turn on the blower. It was about like having 2 hair dryers blowing out into the room. You just have to find a way to hide the blower.

Comment

Working...
                            X