Any Bastrop county reports?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Any Bastrop county reports?

It's been a weird year as far as deer sightings at our place near kovar. I used to see several deer each sit, but this year we saw no fawns on the game camera. My dad sat almost every evening in August and September trying to catch a hog in the daylight and he rarely saw a deer. The only deer I'm even seeing on the game camera is my target buck. It's kind of unnerving not even seeing does. We haven't shot a deer off this place since 2015 so we're not killing them out. Our Turkey population seems to have declined as well. What are you guys seeing?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

I’ve seen two crackheads and one leprechaun so far. He was in a tree.

Comment

We are in Paige and it’s been a weird year for us as well. My dad killed a doe opening weekend and that’s it, I’ve seen more coyotes than deer. Still lots of acorns on the ground the last time I went

Comment

35 you must hunt across the tracks. I saw a five point yesterday looking for does so at least that's something. The buck I'm hunting has been coming by my stand between 9-11 so I guess I'm going to stay a little later today.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Comment

Headed to Jeddo Friday. A lot of mid day activity on my cameras as well so I might be grinding it out all day.

Comment

It’s definitely been a weird year. The few shooters I had last year are ghosts this year. Hopefully things pick up this weekend

Comment

Seen the most big bucks in a 5 year period where I'm at.

Comment

Agree - I’m in string prairie. Didn’t even see bucks this summer at night which I usually do around June/July. Zero mature bucks until I shot one on the 10th.

Comment

I live in Rosanky and hunt in Paige too. Very little movement this year. More acorns than I have seen in long time too.

Comment

South bastrop county, the wife got it done opening morning. Have not hunted since. They were chasing hard then.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice Buck Mam!

Comment

September and early October I was loaded down with bucks. 7 different 10 point or better bucks. I've only seen one thus far. In the stand right now and all I've seen is 1 spike. They are not interested in corn at all.

There have been several good ones killed so far that I know of.

Sent from my SM-G892A using Tapatalk

Comment

Following, got a youth hunt there at the state park in January

Comment

Been slow all year for me. I've only seen one really good buck all season and couldn't get him where I needed him. Probably going to try again this evening, but I'm not optimistic.

Comment

I saw a good buck with 2 does yesterday evening. I’m gonna get out tomorrow morning and see if I can get something to come in. It’s been a really slow year

Comment

Working...
                              X