Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Today is International Left-Handers Day!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Today is International Left-Handers Day!

How many true southpaws do we have around here? I once took a detailed "handedness" test that a university was doing for research and it said I was only 20% left handed. I write/draw and eat with my left hand as well as a few random things like using a hairbrush or toothbrush. With everything else I am very right side dominant - eye included. I use the right hand for all tools from scissors to saws. I can accurately swing a hammer/drive a nail with either hand but otherwise not ambidextrous. (Not sure I could break a window with a rock throwing left handed.) For some reason I use a bait caster and a spinning rig left handed but cast a fly rod right handed. All shooting is right handed. I guess I'm just confused. How about you?

Me

Right eye dominant. Shoot bows and guns right handed. Swing a bat right handed. Write, and throw left. Kick with right leg
    Last edited by AntlerCollector; 08-13-2018, 11:53 AM.

Comment

Lefty here. Right eye dominant. Shoot long gun and swing baseball bat right handed. Pretty much everything else left handed. Long live the left handed people!

Comment

My son writes, bats, and throws baseball left handed. For some reason when it comes to football he kicks and throws right handed. He can not throw a baseball very well right handed but throws a football well right handed. He pitches in baseball and throws left handed. I don't get it.

Comment

right handed, left eye dominant

Comment

My wife and I are both right handed, but our kids are southpaws. No idea how that happen.
            They are right eye dominate.

Comment

I can sort of celebrate. I write left handed and kick with my left foot, everything else right handed though.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                My son writes, bats, and throws baseball left handed. For some reason when it comes to football he kicks and throws right handed. He can not throw a baseball very well right handed but throws a football well right handed. He pitches in baseball and throws left handed. I don't get it.
                Now THAT is odd. I’ve never seen someone throw different based on the ball being different. Ha. Pretty cool.

Comment

Left and right handed. Shoot rifles n pistols with right hand, but use left hand bows. Throw baseball and bat with left. Write with right.

Kick football n soccer balls with left foot.

Don’t know how it all relates but have an extreme inventive side. Have built and come up with all kinds of inventions/technical ideas, but never had the abundance of finances to capitalize on them.
                  Last edited by Worksalot; 08-13-2018, 12:06 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayhem View Post
                    My wife and I are both right handed, but our kids are southpaws. No idea how that happen.
                    They are right eye dominate.

I know, but I promised to never tell

Comment

Interesting... I do most everything right-handed. The ONLY thing I do with my left hand is operate a fork. Never realized it until Dad pointed it out at dinner a few years back

Comment

Originally posted by jerp View Post
                        https://www.lefthandersday.com/

How many true southpaws do we have around here? I once took a detailed "handedness" test that a university was doing for research and it said I was only 20% left handed. I write/draw and eat with my left hand as well as a few random things like using a hairbrush or toothbrush. With everything else I am very right side dominant - eye included. I use the right hand for all tools from scissors to saws. I can accurately swing a hammer/drive a nail with either hand but otherwise not ambidextrous. (Not sure I could break a window with a rock throwing left handed.) For some reason I use a bait caster and a spinning rig left handed but cast a fly rod right handed. All shooting is right handed. I guess I'm just confused. How about you?
                        I am the same except I cast right handed.

Comment

Originally posted by kruppa24 View Post
                          What a weirdo Lol just kidding. Played a bit of ball in college and pitchers would toss a football to start warming up due to the similarity in the motion

Comment

Lefty here

Comment

Originally posted by AntlerCollector View Post
                              Me

Right eye dominant. Shoot bows and guns right handed. Swing a bat right handed. Write, and throw left. Kick with right leg

I'm exactly the same.

Comment

Working...
                              X