No announcement yet.

Cotton seed deployed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We have approx 2500 acres with 7 stations. I really doubt there will be any sterizatin issues. Every person we have talked with says they will be out by June or early July. Don't see any drawback other that bigger deer come deer season.

Comment

Can someone school me on the Cotton seed feed station build. It appears from the pic to be just a round pen with T post in middle. Is there something more to it?

Thanks in advance

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post
        Can someone school me on the Cotton seed feed station build. It appears from the pic to be just a round pen with T post in middle. Is there something more to it?

Thanks in advance
        Nothing more to it, It's that simple. Best to use V-mesh wire for durability and it holds the seed better.

Comment

Originally posted by Seacoal View Post
          Damon where are you getting your cotton seed and how much are you paying for it?
          ooops saw the answer

Comment

Originally posted by JMR View Post
            Nothing more to it, It's that simple. Best to use V-mesh wire for durability and it holds the seed better.
            Thanks, gonna build some this spring.

Comment

Originally posted by Crookhunter View Post

Thanks in advance

Comment

Got it, thanks bud.

Comment

DamonJ - were they letting you buy it by the ton or did you have to buy a truckload?

Comment

Tuned In.....Curious to see how they take to it... and Upcoming Pics

Comment

Originally posted by fullsizeaggie View Post
                      DamonJ - were they letting you buy it by the ton or did you have to buy a truckload?
                      They weigh your truck/trailer on the way in... Load the seed and then weigh out..

Pay at a $330 per ton rate

We had 1.57 tons

Comment

Does rain affect it? That is if it does actually rain.

Comment

Anyone know of somewhere to get this in the east Texas area? I don't mind driving for it but I figured there's probably somewhere around college station or Tyler area maybe?

Comment

Do you have cows on the place, if so you need to make sure your pens are good and strong. We had them knock down some pens to get to it last year.

Comment

Originally posted by deerplanter View Post
                              Do you have cows on the place, if so you need to make sure your pens are good and strong. We had them knock down some pens to get to it last year.

We have cows.. Been feeding alfalfa hay in our pens with no problems.

Our rancher takes pretty good care of his cattle and they do not pay much mind to out feed pens..

Comment

Can you get cotton seed around Fredericksburg/kerrville area. Also can you buy it by the bale (50lb)? Thanks

Comment

Working...
                                X