Leon County Rut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Leon County Rut

I am east of centerville about 7 miles off hwy 7 and have hunted this place for years but never kept track of the rut. Mainly because we dont have a high population and it can be hit or miss. For you long time leon county hunters what's your best estimate of when the rut will be going hot and heavy?

October 25-November 15 will be your peak. You will see some does come in earlier than that in some areas but that 20 day stretch should be your best bet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Last week of October through Mid November. Usually pretty hot opening weekend of rifle season.

Comment

Originally posted by Tshelly View Post
        October 25-November 15 will be your peak. You will see some does come in earlier than that in some areas but that 20 day stretch should be your best bet.

Yep! I hunt heavy right after Halloween and love the first two weeks of November. Most bucks I’ve harvested in HouCo were around November 12th.

Comment

For the past 22 years in Leon county our bigger bucks have been harvested the second weekend in November. 8-12

Comment

Thanks everyone sounds like first 2 weeks of November is it.

Comment

I'm 3 miles east of you on hwy 7. I'd say last part of oct to 3rd week of nov

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                Yep! I hunt heavy right after Halloween and love the first two weeks of November. Most bucks I’ve harvested in HouCo were around November 12th.

They say more does are bred on November 15th across the US than any other day. I think we are a touch ahead of that. So that falls right in line. Like you said I’ve seen some slammers killed that 7-15th range.

Comment

Wide open youth weekend. Best weekend of the year by far!

Comment

Working...
                  X