No announcement yet.

Let's talk Prostate Cancer

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to hear that you are on top of this thing.

I had PSAs as high as 13.2 and four of those lovely needle biopsies and they never found cancer. I have taken Proscar for about 15-20 years to lower PSA and it has hovered around 2.5 for many years. It is checked annually but in the back of my mind there is always an uneasy feeling until the latest PSA reading comes back. At my age, 84, it is unlikely that they would do anything even if they find I have it. Two of my friends that I alerted when I got the initial scare have found that they have had prostate cancer.

Listen to the man guys, get the PSA tests...!!

Comment

Prayers outbound. KCA

Comment

KCA Mr Burnadell!!!
        I am higher risk bc my father had it in his mid 40s. Been cancer free 5 plusyears but ya never just know. I will def be going in soon for a check up

Comment

Sorry to hear about this but I know you will KCA. Prayers up for ya. I finally had mine checked this year at age 54. It will be part of my annual check up each year for sure.

Comment

Prayers up for you Randy!

Comment

I only know you on the green screen but from what I can tell, and I’m a good judge, your too honery to let something like cancer be of bother to him.

Prayers for you regardless!

Comment

Prayers up for ya bud. I have no doubt, you'll kick it's arse

My prostrate issues are far less than yours, but I will have my PSA level checked, next dr. visit.

Comment

Prayers sent for full cancer free recovery.

Comment

Randy take care of yourself bud and I see you at Bownanza.

Comment

I just want to say thank you for starting this conversation. It is a subject that isn't talked about enough. I just want to add that you don't have to have cancer to have serious prostate issues. I know first hand. I've been at 7% kidney function. I know how close I was to really serious problems. As men we all come with a factory installed prostate. It is a fact that if you live long enough you are going to have prostate issues. Educate your self. The exams aren't something to look forward to but if you don't I can promise you the ones that come after aren't any better but they may save your life, don't put it off.

Comment

Prayers sent!

Comment

Hate to hear that Randy. Praying for a full recovery.

I've been a regular patient at MD Anderson since May, and get bloodwork done every time I go in, but I honestly don't know whether or not they are checking PSA level. I don't see it in my online test results, but I don't know what most of those tests are anyway. I will certainly ask when I am in for another round of scans next month. I just turned 50 in September so I know I am due for testing. Thank you for the reminder.

Comment

KCFA!

Skinny

Comment

Prayers for you both and great advice.

Comment

up for ya sir....
                                ( I always say "sir" to seniors)

Comment

Working...
                                X