KJO Trip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

KJO Trip

I just got back from an outstanding trip from Keith John's new ranch in Junction. It was me, my BIL, my niece, nephew and my friend and fellow TBH'er David (Happy97) and his son. All of us but David were on a ram hunt (my BIL and I were doing our first traditional only hunt) and David was after exotics. His boy is not ready to bow hunt yet but watching him shoot his bow at camp it won't be long. At first it looked like the weather was going to throw a monkey wrench but it held off and we got all our hunts in. We all saw lots of animals and me, my BIL, nephew and niece all got a shot at rams. David didn't get an opportunity at his axis but I'm guessing just seeing the pure excitement his son had telling us all about the many animals he saw made it a special hunt to remember. For those you haven't been to the new ranch the cabin is very nice and much, much bigger than the cabin in Floresville. There are three individual rooms each with a regular bed and a bunk bed, a large living room with couches and a big comfy chair, a large kitchen/dining area and even a washer and dryer to use. And of course, you can't find a better guy to hunt with than Keith Johns. He is a great guy, will bust his hump to make sure you have the best hunt possible and makes hanging out at the camphouse a blast. I can't wait to go back, which fortunately won't be long because I've got another hunt booked in two weeks

My ram:

My BIL ram:

My nephew's ram (his second bow kill):

My niece got a shot on a monster ram the last day, but unfortunately she hit a little high and with a total lack of blood to track we couldn't find it before we had to leave. Keith said he'll find it and I'm sure he will. Hopefully I can post up a picture as well. The good thing is as hard as it is to not recover your animal and she is handing it pretty well and not getting too discouraged.

congrats!!!

Comment

Congrats to all!

Comment

Nice rams! Congrats!

Comment

Tic Toc........

Comment

Looks like a good trip. Congrats to everyone

Comment

Glad y'all had success, and fun! I was gonna try to go there this fall, but man, Keith is SURE hard to get a hold of. We set a date and I asked about sending the deposit... never got back to me. Congrats and can't wait to see what you get in two weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Rockstar Chevy View Post
                Glad y'all had success, and fun! I was gonna try to go there this fall, but man, Keith is SURE hard to get a hold of. We set a date and I asked about sending the deposit... never got back to me. Congrats and can't wait to see what you get in two weeks
                I just text him. We have a hunt in march. It took some time for him to respond but he always did. I'm ready to go. March is a long way off

Skyler if you read this. I still love you. Hehe

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats

Comment

Congrats! I saw your ram on Facebook and tried to see it again but for some reason I can't look at his page. I guess he deactivated it for some reason

Comment

I would definately enjoy going back. I enjoyed my time spent at both locations.

Comment

Congrats to all

Comment

way to go ! congrats to all hunters

Comment

Congrats gentlemen!

Comment

Working...
                              X