Need Some Help Deciding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Need Some Help Deciding

I was wondering what ranch(es) you guys thought I would have the best change at getting a shot at a BIG fallow buck and/or a BIG ram (doesn't matter the species) this fall/winter.
    I'm looking at goin in December for Fallow and maybe August for rams.

Thanks,
    MM

some people on here disagree but you cant go wrong with busy b ranch in jefferson. www.busybranch.com

Comment

bump to top

Comment

MM, I'm also looking for a big fallow. If you find something let me know if there is room for another, but I'd be more inclined for an Oct hunt

Comment

Sounds good. I don't know if I can get away in Oct....work and after all, it's elk season.

I'm calling a couple of places to see what they can tell me.

Comment

You might want to try Mesquite Bowhunting.

was just there last weekend and saw loads of Fallow Bucks. They are in velvet now, but the looks of them shows they should be very nice.
            Give Gerald a call

Comment

How hard it is to shoot one of them cows at Mesquite? Are they pretty wild? At least this place is within reasonable driving distance for me.

Comment

rams/fallow

I took a gold medal Fallow at Forister Exotice near Rock Springs in 06. He had alot of them that needed another year or two so they should be great now. The Manager's name is Bobby Warren and can be reached at 830-683-2644. This ranch is the old "Headquarters Ranch".

My son took a high silver medal TX Dall hunting with Bobby Love of the the Love Ranch in Mountain Home this Spring. www.loveranches1.com.

If you contact either place, please let them know I recommended them. They were great to me and my family and Im trying to help them out.

Hugh
                Attached Files

Comment

ram
                  Attached Files

Comment

dates

Id also suggest a change in dates for your hunts. Fallow will bust the crude out of their horns in Sept during the rut and youll lose all the back sticker points. Earlier is better for them it you want more points.

AS for your sheep, while you can hunt them year round, the later(colder) the weather the better the cape will be. As a taxidermist, I recommend Feb for the best capes/longest hair and mane on sheep, but its your hunt.

Either way, I hope you have fun.

Hugh

Comment

i to would suggest love ranches for everything exotic that you would want to hunt. if you do go tell bobby zane told you about him also.

Comment

Thanks for the info.
                        When exactly should the fallows be out of velvet and fair game?

Comment

we hunt them August normally. One of the ranches I guide on has some of the best fallow anywhere. There are two spots left for this year.

CW

Comment

What ranch do you guide for?

Comment

Pm sent CW. I'm still there with you MM.

Comment

Working...
                              X