Score ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Score ?

I think this buck will be high 130s because he lacks mass, but what do I know. I’m pretty good with age, score, not so much. I generally rate headgear about third on my list of desirables but my buddy and myself got into a little guessing on this one.

What say the TBH scorers ?
    Attached Files

Another view
    Attached Files

Comment

My guess would be low to mid 30's. I killed one very similar and scored him at 124 but he did not quite have the length of yours. His 2' where right at 11" and im figuring yours being 14" or so. Just my opnion.

Comment

Originally posted by bowaddict40 View Post
        My guess would be low to mid 30's. I killed one very similar and scored him at 124 but he did not quite have the length of yours. His 2' where right at 11" and im figuring yours being 14" or so. Just my opnion.
        I guess I should clarify that I’m talking gross and “high 130s” being anything over 135

Comment

Originally posted by Drycreek3189 View Post
          I guess I should clarify that I’m talking gross and “high 130s” being anything over 135

Yes sir. I was figuring gross as well. And yes I understand what high 130's means as well. Like I said just my opinion.

Comment

Man then 2s may be 18"! Wow. Yeah, that deer will excide 130"

Comment

Nice buck and he looks old AF

Comment

Mature 5.5+ and he is well into the mid to upper 130's

Comment

Got a better pic to age from and I agree he’s fully mature.
                  Attached Files

Comment

Yep mid-hi 130's, either way helluva buck. I wouldn't hesitate on him.

Comment

I got him right at 140

Comment

where are you located, and how large physically are your mature deer? If that buck was where I hunt, his live weight would be 220-250lbs, and he would push 150's score wise.

If this is a hill country buck, I still think he breaks 140, but dont think he will break 150.

lets just say he has an 90" frame (hill country deer; 16" spread, 30" mass, 22" beams), his tines are likely as follows:

g1s - 3.5 & 3.5
                        g2s - 13 & 13
                        g3s - 10 & 8

so that would be 90 down and 51 up, for a total of 141. I am likely cheating him a bit on length too, as the brows and 2's are likely better.

hope you can knock him down and give us tale of the tape!

Comment

I think hes 137-142, he has some serious tines!

Comment

Beautiful deer regardless of score!

Comment

Originally posted by UrbanBuck View Post
                              Yep mid-hi 130's, either way helluva buck. I wouldn't hesitate on him.
                              I won’t, but I kinda hope my buddy will crossbow him !

Originally posted by texas shag View Post
                              where are you located, and how large physically are your mature deer? If that buck was where I hunt, his live weight would be 220-250lbs, and he would push 150's score wise.

If this is a hill country buck, I still think he breaks 140, but dont think he will break 150.

lets just say he has an 90" frame (hill country deer; 16" spread, 30" mass, 22" beams), his tines are likely as follows:

g1s - 3.5 & 3.5
                              g2s - 13 & 13
                              g3s - 10 & 8

so that would be 90 down and 51 up, for a total of 141. I am likely cheating him a bit on length too, as the brows and 2's are likely better.

hope you can knock him down and give us tale of the tape!
                              This is an East Texas buck, he’s probably gonna max out at not over 175 on the hoof, but he may fool me. The likely scenario is he’s gonna disappear before opener and not show up in the daylight until spring time. That’s what happened last year.

Comment

Working...
                              X