Educate me on crossbows.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Educate me on crossbows.

Between the neck injury and stupid Lyme’s disease, I’m having a heck of a time shooting.
    Rehab is making progress with the neck and I got an appointment in October with a LLMD to get treatment going with the Lyme’s.

But

In the meantime...

I’m giving serious thought to getting a crossbow for my birthday this month so I can practice and still hunt in October. Not wanting to break the bank and I’m looking for a combo deal. Something under 5 Benjamins.

Recommendations?

I know a couple of guys that have gotten the centerpoint sniper 370 package in your price range and like them. I personally haven’t shot one though. Wicked Ridge Invader by Ten Point would also be good but a package deal would be just above the $500 price point

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Get earplugs. They sound like a gun when they go off!

Comment

I’ve shot one before. So I know what I’m getting into sound wise.

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
          I’ve shot one before. So I know what I’m getting into sound wise.
          I was trying to be funny. At 400 FPS, they can afford to be a little louder than a compound.

Comment

Originally posted by huntindude View Post
            I know a couple of guys that have gotten the centerpoint sniper 370 package in your price range and like them. I personally haven’t shot one though. Wicked Ridge Invader by Ten Point would also be good but a package deal would be just above the $500 price point

Saw the wicked ridge invader for $444 on Amazon

Comment

My sil hogslayer78 bought the centerpoint 370 for my daughter and granson and they love em. Shoot great. Just as fast as the $1500 ones and can get em for $300. They are combos and easy to set up. They both have killed deer and hogs with em. Definitely worth lookin into. Hope ur health issues go well

Comment

Originally posted by MQ32Shooter View Post
                I was trying to be funny. At 400 FPS, they can afford to be a little louder than a compound.

Lol
                Bingo.

The one I shot was older and sounded like two 2x4’s slapping together [emoji23]

Comment

Academy has a deal on the Bear 450 that has great reviews and you get a free super combo license.

Comment

Wicked Ridge makes a quality entry level x-bow. Dad has one and it’s a good piece of equipment for the money .

Comment

Originally posted by BuckySWT View Post
                      Saw the wicked ridge invader for $444 on Amazon

Not a bad deal there. Bow only or package deal? Ten Points got the best warranty and customer service in the business (although you’ll probably never need it)

Comment

Originally posted by capt341 View Post
                        Academy has a deal on the Bear 450 that has great reviews and you get a free super combo license.

You know...I saw that!
                        Not a bad deal at all right there.

Comment

Evey once in awhile, camofire.com has one priced right.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Comment

I have a Barnett Whitetail Hunter 2 that's not too bad. I think it was around $300

Comment

I bought a Barnett package deal I think I bought at academy. I have only shot it out to 50 yards and it holds tight groups. I payed a little over $200. I found the online reviews to be accurate

Comment

Working...
                              X