O/U Recommendations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

O/U Recommendations

Wife offered to get me an O/U for Christmas. Greenscreen recommendations on anything less than $1k?

CZ makes some good sub-1K O/Us.

If you dont mind used, you can sometimes find Beretta 686-variety O/Us for around a grand.

Comment

I don't mind used. I'll keep my eye out. Thanks!

Comment

Bought my son a Ruger Red Label off gunbroker.a.couple years ago for $800. . Its a sweet gun.

Comment

I second the CZ. My clays gun is a Blaser F3 but my go to bird gun is a CZ wingshooter Elite in 20ga. I have seen some CZ's at Cabelas in the 6-700 range.

Comment

I have loved my new Yildiz 20 ga. O/U. I bought the "special addition" that gave me the nicer ingravings and picked out a wood grain that was much different than all of the rest.

All warranty repairs are done by Briley which sealed the deal.

I think it was around $700.00 or so.
            Attached Files

Comment

If you can find them on sale and running rebates you can pick up some nice browning field models...I bought a browning citori white lightning last year for not much over 1k plus a "free" yeti roadie during the local shops pre dove season sale , maybe you can remind her how good you've been and see if she will increase the allowance just a tad

Comment

I sold an immaculate Citori White Lightning 12 earlier in the year for right at $1000.

Lot's of options used for under $1000, and that's what I would look for. Beretta, Browning, Ruger all good ones

I had a CZ Woodcock O/U that was a nice gun. It was Turkish, proving to me that not all Turkish Shotguns are bad.

Comment

Big ??? How often are you going to shoot it 2 or 3 boxes a yr just buy the yidiz junk if more than that PM me and I will be happy to answer more ????

Comment

Originally posted by bentman View Post
                    Big ??? How often are you going to shoot it 2 or 3 boxes a yr just buy the yidiz junk if more than that PM me and I will be happy to answer more ????
                    I shoot in clay tournaments, dove hunt, woodcock hunt and now have pheasant hunted, all with that "Yildiz junk" and have found it to be a great gun. Been bird hunting since I was a kid.

Insert middle finger to the man on the high horse.
                    Last edited by HoustonHunter; 11-20-2017, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Dove hunting and clay shooting is all I would use it for.

Appreciate all the input!

Comment

Originally posted by cuttingedge View Post
                        Lot's of options used for under $1000, and that's what I would look for. Beretta, Browning, Ruger all good ones
                        Trap Shooters forum is a great place to start for used O/Us

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post
                        I shoot in clay tournaments, dove hunt, woodcock hunt and now have pheasant hunted, all with that "Yildiz junk" and have found it to be a great gun. Been bird hunting since I was a kid.

Hah, Yildiz is an underrated manufacturer. They are probably the best new O/Us you can buy in the $500 range.

Comment

Originally posted by HoustonHunter View Post

For realz

Theres a kid that practices with my son on a shooting team shooting a yildiz and extended chokes. That 'junk' could have taken Blaser money all night last week.

Kid is in his second year with the same gun. Once a week practice with 2+ boxes plus tournaments.

Comment

I would pick one up and see how it feels to you .
                            cheap or not it may not feel good to you

Comment

Cabela's has the CZ Teal on sale for $549.99 from Nov. 22 - 29. It regularly sells for $850. 28" barrel and 5 choke tubes.

Comment

Working...
                              X