No announcement yet.

Truck was STOLEN! New Ford F150 or 250?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OrI had a 2014 ecoboost F150. When they get some miles youll have some missfire issues. I must have replaced every coil on that truck.

My biggest issue was total brake failure. Master cylinder blew seal and dumped all fluid into brake booster.

Ford has a recall on the brakes up to 2014, but many reports of later models having same issue.

Youll also need to drill a drail hole (tiny) into intercooler to fix the condensation problem. (Water buildup into the cooler and then getting in the motor). Ford had a TSB on the issue.

Since its direct injection youll have to get the valves media blasted to clean them off. 2015+ are also SEFI so the injectors will clean those motor valves. But 2014 and older youll start losing power until you clean it after 150k miles or so.

I ended up with a Ram after all that mess.
    Last edited by Gemlin; 09-13-2019, 10:50 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
      That's the only reason I didn't have a gun in the truck because I knew I was going to their office so I left it at home.
      Good to know or their would b another free gun on the street

Comment

Bummer about your truck, but getting a "do over" is kinda cool.

I went from a 2011 150 ecoboost to a 2017 250 diesel. I pull a camper and trailer a hand full of times a year, but nothing the 150 ecoboost couldnt handle. I bought the 250 because I wanted it, not because I need it. My daily commute is about 35 miles round trip from Round Rock to Austin which isn't my favorite. I love my 250 about 80% of the time.
        I'm seriously looking at getting a small commuter crossover to drive and pass along to my daughter when she hits 16 in a few years.
        If you can afford the 250, then just do it. Get one that's about a year or so old and if you end up not liking it, you can trade/sell it and it shouldn't take a huge hit from the new car depreciation as these diesels have pretty solid value retention.

Comment

Originally posted by TexasLongball View Post
          What specifically pushed you away from diesel?
          several things....
          1. Overall more expensive to drive (fuel, oil changes, fuel filters, DEF...)
          2. SUCKS off of pavement in wet conditions
          3. Mine had two major part failures before it was even four years old. (fuel rail
          and evaporative cooler) both required cab to be removed to repair.

Comment

I like many others have said was a 150 guy forever, bought a 250 1.5 years ago and just got out of that 250 back to a 150.

I didn't have a towing need and the 250 diesel was too much, a driveway princess for much more cost. I went with a 4x4 Ecoboost and love the truck, plenty of torque for what I need.

I'll never buy another diesel, I've done the status thing now and don't need to again.

Comment

I drive a 6.7 F-250 everyday. Has a high dollar upgraded suspension and level kit, it's still not the smoothest ride day to day. With a 5th wheel on it, smooth as can be.

That being said, I still wouldn't go to a gasser or a smaller truck.

I drive our Expedition when I want to, but honestly I seldom do.

Comment

Originally posted by jdavidson View Post
                I know nothing about onstar...so explain how it can tell parts are being removed but it can’t tell you location of this activity ?
                Curious on this as well

Comment

Especially when thieves will unplug battery when they dismantle. No antenna or power....

Comment

Almost 12 hours after it was stolen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by eastxhunter View Post
                      Insurance covering it all right?
                      Just found out that contents aren’t covered and I have to go through homeowners with a huge deductible. My blood is boiling.

Comment

I just bought my F250 from Holiday Ford in Whitsboro. They have the best online pricing I could find. My sales guy was Johnny Lee.

Comment

Go for the 250 brother!! Hate a thief!

Comment

What can you afford? The 6.7 is an expensive option. I have been lucky. Bought a 2003 (last year of the 7.3), skipped the 6.0 and 6.4. When I finally sold, it had 347K miles and still ran great. In 2011 I bought the 1st year of the 6.7. It now has 292K on it (no major issues). I pull a camper and tractor from time to time. I average 17.2 miles per gallon of diesel. It is however a heavy truck (10,400lb dry) - very front end heavy. If I did not pull anything, I would think an F-150 4x4 would get me more places than I would dare to drive the heavy diesel.

Comment

Thanks for everyone's insight on this.

Comment

Working...
                              X