Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

I've only ever been to one such place, and that's T4 Exotics, but I'm going for the third time in June and I highly recommend it.

Comment

I’m surprised Bexar County Bow Hunts hasn’t been listed. It’s def gotta be one of the best Bang for your buck bow hunts... if you can be successful.

Comment

i thought the question was not to "break the bank"?
          t4 and diamond c charge kill fees correct?

i'd have to agree about bexar and don't forget about extreme bowhunting!
          last i checked with extreme they are usually full with repeat hunters, but worth a call for sure.

Comment

Originally posted by dusty arrow View Post
            i thought the question was not to "break the bank"?
            t4 and diamond c charge kill fees correct?

i'd have to agree about bexar and don't forget about extreme bowhunting!
            last i checked with extreme they are usually full with repeat hunters, but worth a call for sure.
            Do the math. I don't know about T4, never been, but Diamond C has a daily fee, that applies toward your kill fee. So, basically you will never pay more than the kill fee.

works like this:

So if you hunt for two days ($300.00/day x 2 days = $600.00) and shoot a doe (kill fee $600.00) the day fees that you paid of $600.00 would apply to the kill fee of $600.00. You would owe no additional money. Your total hunt for two-days would be $600.00.

Comment

Originally posted by rladner View Post
              Do the math. I don't know about T4, never been, but Diamond C has a daily fee, that applies toward your kill fee. So, basically you will never pay more than the kill fee.

works like this:

So if you hunt for two days ($300.00/day x 2 days = $600.00) and shoot a doe (kill fee $600.00) the day fees that you paid of $600.00 would apply to the kill fee of $600.00. You would owe no additional money. Your total hunt for two-days would be $600.00.

$600 for an axis doe is higher than the average going rate. I think that’s what he is getting at. May be wrong. Nice place regardless.

Comment

When ever the guys trapping can sell an axis doe for $400 each the ranches can’t sell them for that or they would never make any money.
                I’ve sold them for up to $600 each.

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post
                  When ever the guys trapping can sell an axis doe for $400 each the ranches can’t sell them for that or they would never make any money.

Yes they have to hope that half the people don’t kill anything. Then they are making $1,200.00 per doe killed

Comment

Originally posted by BDKeeling View Post

Yes I think most of us get how a business works. Profit margins. Etc. so I get your numbers. But there’s another half to a capitalist market. And that’s “demand” and the free market usually sets/corrects its prices accordingly.

That being said.. I’ve looked at exotic hunting price lists for years. All the way up to and including today. At the tip of my fingers and on my phone and I can examine probably 40 such lists in less than 30 minutes. I am educated on where the market sits. And I can easily find axis does for $400/ea (no lodging/frills simply the price to harvest the animal)

I would say $400-$450 is an average price on the market. If I search hard enough and am patient I can find them for $350 or even $300. This is probably due to the fact the many operations don’t rely on trappers. They have self-sustaining herds or are low-fence operations. They perhaps also own the ranch through inheritance in some cases, and therefore have even lower overhead (no mortgage or lease fees).

So to say the least, I understand how businesses work.

I stand by my statement. $600 for an axis doe is currently on the higher end of the market.

I also will reiterate that these operations look like fine establishments and deserve business. I have no objection to how they determine their prices. I love a free capitalist market.

Simply commenting on what the OP, perhaps, was saying in that $600 is not saving him any money. Even if that’s simply the day rate without an additional harvest fee.

If you took the time to read this. Kudos. It’s long, I know. Haha

Comment

Working...
                    X