Got sick from cleaning a deer?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

clorox wipes are your friend .

We stay in the RV and clean counters before prepping any food and then again after . Same thing at home as well . That goes for fridge handle water lever pretty much most of what you can touch in the cooking area

Comment

it was probably that bad stomach virus going around it is super contagious, We got it and it tore through everybody that got close ,Lol

Comment

Nope. Dressed out over 100 deer and no problems.

Comment

Less beer, more whiskey

Comment

Originally posted by lordvader View Post
            No, however, you should always wear gloves when skinning/gutting any game animal, as they can have parasites.
            Agreed. It's not common and probably pretty rare, but I recently found out deer are one of about 24 animals that are known to carry the parasite (Trypanosoma cruzi) that causes chagas disease. Again, not very likely, but not impossible either. Chagas is relatively more common in squirrels, raccoons, opossums, etc.

Hunters and outdoorsman are more likely to be infected by a bite from the insect vector (triatomine bugs) or an infected animal through blood entering a wound or mucous membrane or ingesting contaminated food/meat that hasn't been properly handled.

Comment

I never had but I always wear rubber gloves

Comment

Broke Back Ranch

Comment

TBH is going to turn me into a liar... I should have said, "Lone hunter kills deer, quarters it, goes to bed sober, with his wife, and gets sick the next day. Anyone else have this happen?"

I appreciate the sense of humor some of you have, but I don't drink, I only kiss, sleep, and have sex with my first wife (sex on hold but will resume after my diarrhea goes away, hence the reason for this post...)

Comment

Originally posted by justletmein View Post
                    Yeah it wasn't the deer, probably a virus yall both caught.

I've sliced myself to the bone in the gut cavity of hogs, deer, like somebody else said eaten sandwiches with my hands while skinning and quartering, the whole shebang.
                    Gets my vote--and buy a kevlar glove for the non-knife hand.

Comment

Nope unless you count puking from accidentally opening up the stomach

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Norovirus

Comment

Highly unlikely it was the deer. Likely some bug you both picked up somewhere.

Comment

Brokeback Hunting Camp?

Comment

Originally posted by Genesis 1 Hunts View Post
                              Has anyone ever been sick from handling or cleaning a deer? Me and a buddy went hunting 2 weekends ago and he shot a doe. There were no visible signs of sickness, nothing weird looking on or in the deer. We quartered her up and the next evening I got a mad case of diarrhea. I called my buddy the next day and he got the same thing buy with vomiting. This sickness lasted both of us over a week! We didn't make any stops or eat anywhere on the way to or from the lease. Whats going on!
                              Yall contracted the flu

Comment

Originally posted by Genesis 1 Hunts View Post
                                TBH is going to turn me into a liar... I should have said, "Lone hunter kills deer, quarters it, goes to bed sober, with his wife, and gets sick the next day. Anyone else have this happen?"

I appreciate the sense of humor some of you have, but I don't drink, I only kiss, sleep, and have sex with my first wife (sex on hold but will resume after my diarrhea goes away, hence the reason for this post...)

So your saying this in an urgent matter, and you're looking for an immediate cure?

Comment

Working...
                                X