X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Daily Bible Portion (Tuesday)

Daily Bible Portion – 3 of 7
    "WHEN YOU TAKE"

(Weekly Reading>>Exodus 30:11-34:35, 1 Kings 18:20-39, 2 Corinthians 3:1-18)

continues from yesterday:
    “He noted that some astute ancient civilizations used copper as a purifier. For instance, the Phoenicians stored water in copper pots to make it drinkable.”

Psalm 24:3-5 “Who may ascend the hill of Yahweh? He who has clean hands and a pure heart, who does not lift up his soul to an idol or swear by what is false.” (James 4:8)

Exodus 30:17 Regarding the laver: “This is to be a lasting ordinance for Aaron and his descendants for the generations to come .”

John 13: 5-8 “Yeshua poured water into a basin and began to wash his disciples’ feet, drying them with the towel …He came to Simon Peter, who said to him, ‘Lord, are you going to wash my feet?’ Yeshua replied, ‘You do not realize now what I am doing, but later you will understand.’ ‘No,’ said Peter, ‘you shall never wash my feet.’ Yeshua said ‘Unless I wash you, you have no part with me.’”

In John 13: 5-8 Yeshua was preparing Peter for his role as a priest in His Royal Priesthood. He was also preparing the twelve disciples as a holy nation of priests to go out into the Nations to search for the lost sheep (Bride) of Yeshua, to teach her how to return to her Bridegroom. Unless Yeshua washed Peter’s feet for a change of status Peter would not be allowed to represent Yeshua’s heavenly court on earth. Obedience is what brought the blessing.

James 4:7-8 “Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you. Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands , you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded.”

Luke 4:18-19 “The Spirit of the LORD/ YHVH is upon Me, because He has anointed Me to preach the gospel to the poor; He has sent Me to heal the brokenhearted, to proclaim liberty to the captives and recovery of sight to the blind, to set at liberty those who are oppressed; to proclaim the acceptable year of the LORD/ YHVH ” (Mark 16:15, Matthew 10:6; 15:24).

Anointing Oil
    (Exodus 30:22-33)

“Anoint Aaron and his sons and consecrate them so they may serve me as priests” (Exodus 30:30).

Anointing is required before service to Yahweh. This oil was sacred and not for any other use. The definition of consecrate in the Hebrew, qadash (Strong’s H6942), is to consecrate, sanctify, prepare, dedicate; be hallowed, be holy, be sanctified, be separate; to be set apart, to be consecrated . It denotes two concepts: separation from the world and thoughts thereof, as well as the implication of total devotion to Yahweh, leaving the worldly things behind and completely dedicating oneself to Him only.

continues tomorrow...

Amen!

Comment

Thanks

Comment

Working...
      X