Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Stick syringe

Comment

We run about 600 momma cows and anywhere between 2-400 yearlings over winter on oats. Been using the pneu-dart gun for a few years and doctoring sick cows and calves with draxxin. Dead loss has been way lower and way less stress on calves.

Comment

Saw this at the coop in Dewitt County.

Comment

Originally posted by CWaller30 View Post
          We run about 600 momma cows and anywhere between 2-400 yearlings over winter on oats. Been using the pneu-dart gun for a few years and doctoring sick cows and calves with draxxin. Dead loss has been way lower and way less stress on calves.
          Thanks. This was the info I was hunting. Which gun do you use? CO2 are the other? Model number etc! Thanks.
          Last edited by doghouse; 09-19-2017, 08:34 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
            Thanks. This was the info I was hunting. Which gun do you use? CO2 are the other?
            Not sure exact model but both are just pumps

Comment

Originally posted by doghouse View Post
              Thanks. This was the info I was hunting. Which gun do you use? CO2 are the other? Model number etc! Thanks.
              You can get a CO2 or pneumatic/pump shipped to your residence. .22 caliber will have to ship to a gun shop. If you can get close a pump will work for you. Just get practice darts in the sizes you want to use to medicate with. Or find you a deer breeder and pay him to come and do it.

Comment

We used to ranch back in the day. Have a brand new Cap Chur 22 blank powered dart rifle that we bought thinking we'd use, and then never did. I'd make you a deal on it if interested.

Comment

Pneu-Dart, Inc. offers the best remote injection equipment for your remote drug delivery needs. Our remote drug delivery [RDD] systems are designed to capture or medicate while minimizing stress on the animal.

This is the one I used.

Comment

The Pneu Dart Dart Xcaliber is a CO2 gun which I prefer over the cartridge guns. I shot the .22 blank powered 389 for years and it is a good gun and significantly cheaper to buy. I like the co2 guns as they are a little quieter and easier/faster to reload IMO. I also think the co2 guns are more consistent in pressures. I've shot a lot of .22 blanks and the powder can really vary in them

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                      We used to ranch back in the day. Have a brand new Cap Chur 22 blank powered dart rifle that we bought thinking we'd use, and then never did. I'd make you a deal on it if interested.
                      I'm interested. Will PM
                      Last edited by doghouse; 09-20-2017, 11:26 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by TX03RUBI View Post
                        PM sent

Comment

I'll check when I get back to the shop what kind mine is. I have been using it for a couple of years.
                          I have had great luck with draxxin. I've shot all sizes from 200lb calves to grown cows with great luck.
                          For all kinds of random illnesses. Footrot to I don't know what is wrong with the cow but she needs a shot...lol
                          I know that I have saved numerous cattle with it. My gun actually is a pump up gun. Very easy to use.

Comment

Originally posted by wingnut View Post
                            I'll check when I get back to the shop what kind mine is. I have been using it for a couple of years.
                            I have had great luck with draxxin. I've shot all sizes from 200lb calves to grown cows with great luck.
                            For all kinds of random illnesses. Footrot to I don't know what is wrong with the cow but she needs a shot...lol
                            I know that I have saved numerous cattle with it. My gun actually is a pump up gun. Very easy to use.
                            Thanks!

Comment

For that dosage it would likely take more than 1 dart....all the dart guns I've been around are good for out to about 30 yards..maybe 40

Comment

We use darts up to 10cc for cattle....

Comment

Working...
                                X