Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

~ Red Stag, Black buck and Axis down at the Timberlakes !

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

~ Red Stag, Black buck and Axis down at the Timberlakes !

Hey all --- this is Carlos.
    Some of you will remember me guiding for 10 years at the Quatro B and 2 at the Lee ranch.
    Was thinking my guiding days were over - as it just seemed towards the end of the previous ranches - the animal numbers were not ULTRA high and I was bumping heads with representing a ranch with OK numbers and the hard hunting conditions of years rainy pasts, just getting old with dis-heartened clients.

I had heard good things that when the Timberlakes acquired the ranch, they soon brought in close to 100,000 dollars worth of new inventory. I just had to go check it out for myself !

WOW !!! Suddenly it was a WHOLE NEW GAME !!! Loads of good, quality, mature exotics at every turn. Axis, Black buck, Aoudad, Fallow,.. etc....
    Fantastic feeding and supplemental food program, new stands, and one of the biggest things to me --- OWNER'S attitude.

Terrel and I sat down to discuss my input and his ideas on where he wanted this ranch to go.
    Instantly, I was impressed by his attitude of wanting to have a beautiful day lease ranch with nice accommodations, high numbers of quality horned exotics, and a attitude that

" I want hunters to harvest ! I want these guys to come and see the ranch, .... see lots of animals,.. get their shots off,..make memories and come back as solid clients in the future. Make this place the ranch they truly want to come back to again and again. Now I can't guarantee EVERYONE is going to harvest, but see all the potential, get close,...and when it all goes right have to make room on the wall for another addition "

NOW THIS I CAN WORK WITH !!!!
    Indeed,.... this is what was the catalyst to put me back in the game, as I truly love the ranching and guiding experience.

I also offered, unlike other ranches - we keep the pressure LOW. No longer booking hunters back to back to back. No more than 1-2 groups a month and that's it.

Also,.. expand in special situations to accommodate even rifle hunters. With so many animals, he was quick to learn which species just camp out on the protein feeders and eat well beyond their worth. Terrel has purchased and set up some really nice gun blinds,.. and of coarse 15+ bow hunter sets ( ladder stands, tripod and ground blinds )

Don't forget about the KIDDOS !!!! We talked at length on our shared value of getting the children exposed to the outdoors. So in turn, he was quick to be open to youth hunts at a discounted rate on certain animals.

Soooooooooooooooooooooooo,........................ Carlos is back in the game to rep the ranch and assist in guiding when the Timberlake boys are busy.

I'll be posting for Travis often with the groups that come thru the ranch.

This past weekend we had some rifle hunters come to hunt. Guys saw a ton of animals,.. and harvested a couple does, the red stag, 2 black bucks, axis buck and a hog or two

More to come ! I am also helping to book hunters and be on call to assist hunters in questions, concerns, or inquires. Feel free to PM me here or find me and the facebook page I run for the ranch here :
    Log into Facebook to start sharing and connecting with your friends, family, and people you know.

Thanks all !
    ~ carlos

Attached Files

Some nice animals you have there.

Comment

Welcome back Carlos! I can definitely vouch for the Timberlake's, they are a great family and have known them for years. Very friendly family oriented and have the hunter mindset about making their place as good as it can be for the hunters being happy with their experience and trophy they choose to take.

Comment

This is a very nice ranch and the Timberlake's are a top notch family and care about their clients. While we enjoyed the hunting, what I found difficult was the so called hunting blinds. Every sit we stuck out like a sore thumb. We saw animals on every sit but they knew where we were and skirted us. I would really like to come back and hunt again as I really enjoy the camp and where Terrel wanted to take the place a year ago. Good luck and hope to make it back soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by btreybig View Post
          This is a very nice ranch and the Timberlake's are a top notch family and care about their clients. While we enjoyed the hunting, what I found difficult was the so called hunting blinds. Every sit we stuck out like a sore thumb. We saw animals on every sit but they knew where we were and skirted us. I would really like to come back and hunt again as I really enjoy the camp and where Terrel wanted to take the place a year ago. Good luck and hope to make it back soon!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk
          YOU are exactly RIGHT ! I had a opportunity 2 weeks ago to guide for a group of 4. I rode the ranch with the timberlakes to learn what had been kept, changed, or added since I had left the ranch (Quatro) 2 years prior.

I saw their pop-up style blinds and was taken aback. Just plopped in their places - no brush in,.... nothing.

I thought that definitely looked odd and strange. I've ALWAYS been big on blending in pop ups.

I was reluctant to put anyone in them, as surely they could not work. However, I kinda had to as 2 of the guys were older, and heavier and safety would be best on the ground.

What do you know -- not a problem what so ever. One guy shot a 29.5 aoudad on the first sit ( with other animals easily and comfortable within range)
          the other guy was showing me all kinds of pics he was taking of sika, whitetail, axis...fallow,..etc... from his blind.

Animals obviously comfortable with the blinds- so we kept sitting them and everyone saw animals and did well.

****** So do they work now 2016' yes,............... but am I going to take it upon myself to still brush them in a bit ? ohh yes,.... Makes me feel better knowing that just like myself, so many like blinds brushed in.

Thanks for the feedback !!! Like very much to get clients opinions, observations, ideas and straight out facts on how I can make the guiding and service better at the ranches I guide for.

~ carlos

Comment

What a bruiser in the front ! Pic from this morning.
            Attached Files

Comment

Wow that lead Axis is awesome I would love to encounter him on a hunt.

Comment

Originally posted by PRO42002 View Post
                Wow that lead Axis is awesome I would love to encounter him on a hunt.
                That lead axis buck is a SUMMER TIME slammer - I know he drops to the cold season...... come hunt that bad boy in the heat of next year 2017 !( in the rut of end of june-all july )
                He will be hard horned again and BIG !!!!!! - c

Comment

Working...
                X