No announcement yet.

Ladder stand shooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

sitting down. It's hard enough trying to get em where you want them with no movement!

Comment

I stand 90% of the time I'm in the tree. No matter if it is a ladder stand or lock on. I try not to sit at all. But can only make it 3 hrs. Then I gotta give my feet a rest. Rubber boots aren't the most comfortable for standing in.

Comment

Originally posted by Ttechhunter View Post
        sitting down. It's hard enough trying to get em where you want them with no movement!
        This, I have stood on a very few occasions when it was necessary. I like shooting standing but don't want to stand for long periods and want to move after I have seen game. Plus, I like to keep my stands as low as I can get away with, for the better angle.

Comment

Depends on what I am doing when the deer comes in. They tend to surprise me, dense woods on our place.

I practice for either type of shot.

On a side note, got rid of all my ladder stands. We now have hang ons and tall Quad Pods. Ladder stands seemed to be cursed on my place. I have no idea why, but we always got busted in them...

Comment

I'm a big chicken when I get more than 10 feet off the ground, I'm a sittin shooter!

LD

Comment

Originally posted by SwampRabbit View Post
              I must be cheap. I've never hunted in a ladder stand that has arms.
              Arms, rails, whatever you want to call them. If they are there, they are in the way, and I don't like them!

Bisch

Comment

Personally I have no preference, I will remain in whatever position I'm in when I see the deer. In my younger days I almost never set down in the stand unless I was hunting a tripod.

Comment

Working...
                X