No announcement yet.

Changes to photo competition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steven that would be ok if you can find one to do it. One of Michael's biggest concerns with doing this was manpower and having someone who has time to over see this. That was why I decided to go with the winner picking the following winner and noone being able to be back to back winners.

Comment

It was my suggestion to have a size requirement. I think 800 x 600 (or somewhere close to that) is perfect for web publishing.

Comment

SIZE Matters! 800x600 is a defacto display size for computer graphics (laptops & PCs)....shouldn't need to pan the edges to view.

2 weeks is perfect.

What ever is decided to judge, post and vote...it doesn't matter to me, I go with the flow. It's all about sharing and fun to me. Get to see a lot of Texas without leaving my chair.

So what's the next round theme Rod? Pan handlers, hitch hikers and winos?

Comment

My personal issue with size is like Jaspro posted as an example of the wasp. The coolest thing is when I learned how to link from Flickr. Please, keep the large size format so that detail can be seen in a photo.

2 weeks is perfect for between photos.

Leggy, all you have to do it push the button

Comment

I also disagree with no one being able to win back to back.

Best photo should win in anonymous fashion.

I'd be happy to be the guy that posts the images anonymously.

Comment

LOL for that, ATW, we'd need to go to Austin or San Diego!

However, the scenery is MUCH nicer to shoot than here

Comment

Leggy,

Seems it would be pretty simple. You could simply have a link to flickr sent to you. Same link that we use to tag a photo to TBH. When doing that, does it keep a description of what flickr account it was posted from? How would it be a verified photo from between dates of topic?

Comment

Originally posted by Legdog View Post
                  I also disagree with no one being able to win back to back.
                  In order to win back to back, you have to pick your own photo as best. That's hardly anonymous. I think the rules are that you can not pick your own entry. Were we being judged by a panel of folks, or some open vote, then yes, one could win back to back.

Perhaps the judge from the previous month could post the images for the following. In other words, Jaspro posts the photos for Rod to judge.

If you want to share a larger version, post a link to the larger version. I prefer not having to scroll to see the entire image. It also helps one see the "whole" picture. A great photo isn't necessarily just in the details. Composition is paramount. You have to see the photo in its entirety to pick up on that.

Comment

Polling the audience......

Casey, in an effort to always improve, what do you mean by the "whole" picture? What do you want to see man!

Comment

Danny,
                      Can you see the entire first photo below? If you're monitor(s) are set up like mine, you have to scroll to see it in its entirety. I think posting this in this fashion would be doing a disservice to my photo. I would rather have it viewed like the second pic so that whoever is seeing it can see my "whole" photo. If I want to show the detail that may be better viewed in a large shot, I'll post a link to the big one. But, for quick judging and viewing, 800 wide should keep the pics within the bounds of one's monitor.

Comment

I agree 800x600 or 600x800 depending on the photo orientation. Who is going to determine the theme????

I like the idea of anonymity! But I look at this as more of a getting to see lots of good photos than a competition. My .02

Comment

I think 1 month is great and two weeks is to short. size idea is good I like to scroll down and not over and down and you need to see the whole picture.

Comment

I personally am not real concerned with the anonymous posting either. I'd like to think we are all big kids and won't pick sides or play favorites.

Comment

Oh come one Casey A little scrolling on a 12" monitor ain't all the bad ....

Yes, seriously, you are right, your buck example is a pain in the backside and I have a 20" monitor at the office.

Do we know what the dimensions are of Flickr's "large" view?

Comment

I just think from my point two week is not enought time and will cut down on my participation. I am not real concerned with the anonymous posting either.

Comment

Working...
                                X