Deer hunting around Caddo Lake

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Deer hunting around Caddo Lake

Has anybody hunted anywhere around Caddo Lake. Have an eye on a place but wanted to see if anybody has any experience

I have frog gigged around goat island for years and seen some really nice deer at night late summer while spot lighting frogs. I’ve always wanted to try and hunt it but never committed to it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Comment

I hunted around the lake on Type II land 20 years ago....
      There was a lot of does but I never saw a decent buck

Comment

There is some good hunting around the lake. I never hunted the Type II areas but have spent a little time at the Refuge bow hunting. Hunt closer to Pines now.

Comment

25 years ago we hunted in a club there and had to kill a doe before we could kill a buck. There were a lot of deer at that time and we killed some decent bucks but nothing over 120". I actually killed my first deer there on another place probably 40 years ago now that I think about it.

Comment

That area can really just depend on exactly where. Some places just have scraggly horn bucks, but others have some 150s cruising around. We hunted a couple miles from the state line for 9 years. Lots of deer, good body size, occasional 130s - 140s. My best was a 140, weighed 182#.

Beautiful country. I’d still hunt there if I lived closer.

Comment

Working...
            X