No announcement yet.

Me and Chappy from Van Horn

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now all this is just starting, we had to peel out Chappy, and hike back.

Last edited by Radar; 06-05-2019, 04:53 PM.

Comment

We decided the best way to get to the truck would be to follow a draw off the mountain down to the river and hit the border patrol road along the river.
      Well that draw was tough and was not forgiving in any way. Reckon old red mountain did not want to give up Chappy without a fight.

Comment

Congrats on your sucess on a tough hunt

Comment

As we got closer to the river, I started noticing all the trash that littered the desert floor. Water bottles, plastic bags, clothes, boots and wrappers. I figgered out the folks crossing the river were just throwing their trash down as they headed north. It had rained a few days before and there was small puddles of water here and there in the creek bottom.

I walked up on this little pocket of rain water and noticed the tin can sitting in it. I spect them folks was a using that can to refill there water jugs.

Comment

I showed one of them other boys that and he just said yeah some illegal did that. I replied to him that they are still human son.

No one said nothing for about 20 minutes after that, dont know if we was thinking about the heat or the little can at the water puddle

Comment

We finally got back to the truck and I was sure glad to throw that pack down, I only had two bottles of water left out if 12.

Comment

As we was a leaving that god forsaken place, I looked over my shoulder and noticed a little white cross on top of a peak over lookin the river.

Comment

Cool hunt. Congrats!! What did he measure out to?

Comment

Oh I forgot this. Me and Chappy down Van Horn way.

Comment

Nice! Congrats

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Comment

Nice audad. For a little bit I just thought this was some payote ramblings...

Comment

31 3/8 and 12 inch bases, he had 16 annual growth rings on his horns and only a few teeth left. I dont know if he was 16, but I bet he could have drawed social security.

I even let him ride in the cab with me.

Comment

Got to love those mountains.

Comment

Awesome hunt

Comment

Me and Chappy from Van Horn

Well done Radar....on your Aoudad and the re-telling of the hunt story! Thanks for sharing the pics and your time . Score/measure is such a small part of a hunt like this but hell, you got that too..

Congrats to you buddy on sealing the deal and surviving!![emoji23][emoji23]

Comment

Working...
                                X