Back at it today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
    I’m sure he’s dead too. I’m waiting for the morning haze to burn off today and I’ll go out looking for buzzards. My only concern is that the coyotes got him and there won’t be much left for the buzzards.

I was more upset about losing the meat honestly. I’m in a 1 Buck county over 13”. We have had zero spikes in 2 years and the doe are so sparse I hardly ever see them on camera.

I’m going to have to leave it up to my 12yo daughter to put meat in the freezer if I find him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If meat is what you need, you are welcome to as much as you want from me. I am in Houston but should have ample amounts of venison. Just let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by TildenHunter View Post
      If meat is what you need, you are welcome to as much as you want from me. I am in Houston but should have ample amounts of venison. Just let me know.

Thank you for the offer I appreciate it. I’ll let you know towards the end of the season.

Comment

Originally posted by Bazo View Post
        I’m sure he’s dead too. I’m waiting for the morning haze to burn off today and I’ll go out looking for buzzards. My only concern is that the coyotes got him and there won’t be much left for the buzzards.

I was more upset about losing the meat honestly. I’m in a 1 Buck county over 13”. We have had zero spikes in 2 years and the doe are so sparse I hardly ever see them on camera.

I’m going to have to leave it up to my 12yo daughter to put meat in the freezer if I find him.

Dang I was hoping someone with some dogs would have made it out there. He's got to be out there somewhere. Good luck, I keep checking back to see if you have made the recovery.

Comment

Well it looks like a complete loss on this buck. I’ve spent more time looking and the buzzards that are in the area are just drifting in the wind. Not staying in any certain area.

I guess at this point I need to make sure I’m sighted in and start over. There will be no GoPro on my bow anymore. I’ll put this one in the books as a learning experience at the cost of a nice animal.

Comment

U never know.... he could show back up at the feeder in a week. Stranger things have happened.

Comment

deer

Originally posted by TXBRASS View Post
              U never know.... he could show back up at the feeder in a week. Stranger things have happened.

Yep set out a camera and see if he starts showing up again. Let it cool down at that spot for awhile.

Comment

Originally posted by junior View Post
                Yep set out a camera and see if he starts showing up again. Let it cool down at that spot for awhile.
                I actually just pulled the card. I hope for his sake he died fast because he had the arrow with him when I lost sight of him.

Comment

I took the camera off and took a few shots. I needed this 20 yard confidence booster. I took my bow inside and Beaux came out to inspect the shot.

Comment

I have a GoPro property installed on my stabilizer and it doesn’t effect the shot of my bow at all. Not sure how yours set up that would cause that. I wouldn’t take my GoPro off to sacrifice footage to review shot placement. If you want photo of my set up let me know.

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post
                      I have a GoPro property installed on my stabilizer and it doesn’t effect the shot of my bow at all. Not sure how yours set up that would cause that. I wouldn’t take my GoPro off to sacrifice footage to review shot placement. If you want photo of my set up let me know.

I'd like a picture of it man. I just ordered a stabilizer style mount for mine. It's at home waiting for me to get back. And any video if you have one

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Originally posted by ghost View Post

I have the GoPro mount and my stabilizer is too big for the mount. So I had it clipped under the riser and camera was to the left of of the string. The camera was on the left and that’s the way the shot went as if when the arrow started Forward the balance of the bow in my hand tilted left and not center or forward.

Of course I may have just made a bad shot but that was the biggest miss or deviation from where I was holding my pin I have ever had. Both in practice and hunting I’ve never been so far off target, even when shooting out to 50 yards.

Comment

Back at it today

I’m considering switching to the tacticam. I saw one at Walmart the other day and that would keep everything in balance.

I think I will just mount the GoPro to my stand to capture footage.

Comment

Big bucks can make ya do things you wouldn’t normally do.

Comment

Originally posted by Seay View Post
                              I'd like a picture of it man. I just ordered a stabilizer style mount for mine. It's at home waiting for me to get back. And any video if you have one

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Comment

Working...
                              X