Closed Thread
Go Back   TexasBowhunter.com Community Discussion Forums > Topics > Around the Campfire
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-09-2018, 03:57 PM   #1201
Swampa
Pope & Young
 
Swampa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Location: Tomball
Hunt In: Coleman
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
So Aggies are ok with a loss because the score was close? That is what it has come down to? Consolation prizes? Your coach makes 7.5 mill a year and a loss is ok? Hell, not that long ago Pitt beat Clemson. How do you know Clemson didn't just have a Clemson off game? They have them every year. SMDH.

LSU beat #8 Miami easily and SE La. by 31. I still say their offensive line sucks, play calling is vanilla, and the QB is holding the ball way too long and staring down receivers. Auburn will skull drag them next week if this continues. And, so will most of the teams left on their SEC schedule.

Come on aggie. I would hope losing no matter how close the game was has not become acceptable. If that was the case teams like Kentucky would be world beaters. They always play people close. But, mostly end up on the losing side. And, that is with a lot less talent and coaches making a lot less.


If we had lost to a basketball school I would be ******. Not being ranked and losing by 2 to a number 2, not so much. Whatís your angle pot stirrer. Youíve been talking **** all week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Swampa is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 03:58 PM   #1202
systemnt
Pope & Young
 
systemnt's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Montgomery
Hunt In: South Texas
Default

This alone provides hope for the future.
systemnt is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:05 PM   #1203
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young
 
Aggiehunter08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Texas
Hunt In: The World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
Not trying to ruin the Aggy mood...but didn't Sumlin go 11-2, Beat Bama and another blue blood in a bowl? We heard all this same crap about how Texas sucked and y'all were all WRTS and recruiting well....



It was a nice game, albeit a loss but it was just one game.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Sumlin didnít win anything. Johnny won those games. Also those were Sherman recruits. Kingsbury was a large part of those 11 wins as well.
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:23 PM   #1204
MBV77
Ten Point
 
MBV77's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Whitesboro, TX.
Hunt In: Clay County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampa View Post
If we had lost to a basketball school I would be ******. Not being ranked and losing by 2 to a number 2, not so much. Whatís your angle pot stirrer. Youíve been talking **** all week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Theyíre nervous


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
MBV77 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:25 PM   #1205
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
Sumlin didnít win anything. Johnny won those games. Also those were Sherman recruits. Kingsbury was a large part of those 11 wins as well.
lol
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:27 PM   #1206
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young
 
Aggiehunter08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Texas
Hunt In: The World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
lol
Canít handle the truth?
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:32 PM   #1207
MarkV
Pope & Young
 
MarkV's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: Franklin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
Sumlin didnít win anything. Johnny won those games. Also those were Sherman recruits. Kingsbury was a large part of those 11 wins as well.
By this thought, these are all sumlins guys that played that good last night and mond is responsible for that game and not Jimbo.
MarkV is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:33 PM   #1208
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swampa View Post
If we had lost to a basketball school I would be ******. Not being ranked and losing by 2 to a number 2, not so much. What’s your angle pot stirrer. You’ve been talking **** all week.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Y'all can’t have all the fun
Or, is it that only Aggie and Horn get to stir the roux?

Besides, I have to hurry and use my “ you never beat us “ since joining the SEC bonus points since it may all change in the near future.

Last edited by Bayouboy; 09-09-2018 at 04:38 PM.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:38 PM   #1209
Dale Moser
Pope & Young
 
Dale Moser's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wise Cty
Hunt In: Young Cty
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
At least we get a Reckless Kelly show before so it wonít be all lost.


RK is a great show!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dale Moser is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:40 PM   #1210
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young
 
Aggiehunter08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Texas
Hunt In: The World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkV View Post
By this thought, these are all sumlins guys that played that good last night and mond is responsible for that game and not Jimbo.
Bottom line is Sumlin is an overrated head coach. Would they have won 11 games that year without Johnny? Hail no. Would Auburn have won that National Championship without Cam? Hail no.
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:42 PM   #1211
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
If you are going to do it then it better be this year. ďLike I predicted it would. But, I hope I am wrong!Ē

Make it through the SEC west gauntlet then talk. We will see what old Jimbo can do. Lsu played itís tail off for CEO when Miles was fired. Then.... reality set in. And, opponents got a book on him after a few games. We shall see what happens when they get a book on Jimbo.
A book? Little reality... there are "books" on all 4 of the active NC coaches, having the book doesn't mean a whole lot. All my people are from the bayou, I don't really expect you to understand

Horns are not as bad as they seem right now, I'm not a TH fan but I still think they get bowl eligible. I miss them being a power, not a good look for our state imo.

Aggies are a different team this year, not world beaters but at least there are 2 Texas teams playing big boy football now, TCU is the other but rebuilding this year too.
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #1212
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default 2018 College Football -Week 2

Is Javonne Sheppard fixing to kick off decommit season based off his latest tweet? Does A&M have room for him? Is he even a take at this point? This isnít how itís supposed to work


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by Pin Oak DXT; 09-09-2018 at 04:56 PM.
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:47 PM   #1213
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
Bottom line is Sumlin is an overrated head coach. Would they have won 11 games that year without Johnny? Hail no. Would Auburn have won that National Championship without Cam? Hail no.
Might as well throw Jameis Winston in there too. Sure Sumlin wasn't great, but if you are gonna give him credit for the losses then he should get credit for the wins. It can't be both ways.....
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:48 PM   #1214
tradtiger
Pope & Young
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aggiehunter08 View Post
Bottom line is Sumlin is an overrated head coach. Would they have won 11 games that year without Johnny? Hail no. Would Auburn have won that National Championship without Cam? Hail no.
Speaking of Cam, he just ran for 29 yards against the Cowboys.
tradtiger is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:50 PM   #1215
RLB
Pope & Young
 
RLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch / Bulverde, Texas
Hunt In: Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
Is Javonne Sheppard fixing to kick off decommit season based off his latest tweet? Does A&M have room for him? Is he a take? This isnít how itís supposed to work


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We gettin errrrrbody.
RLB is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 04:59 PM   #1216
Aggiehunter08
Pope & Young
 
Aggiehunter08's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: West Texas
Hunt In: The World
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by eradicator View Post
Might as well throw Jameis Winston in there too. Sure Sumlin wasn't great, but if you are gonna give him credit for the losses then he should get credit for the wins. It can't be both ways.....
Not even discussing losses. My view is Sumlin doesn’t deserve sole credit for those 11 wins. Johnny Manziel built Sumlin’s name up big time. I’m done dicussing the past. There’s a new sheriff in town now

Last edited by Aggiehunter08; 09-09-2018 at 05:05 PM.
Aggiehunter08 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 05:01 PM   #1217
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvd View Post
A book? Little reality... there are "books" on all 4 of the active NC coaches, having the book doesn't mean a whole lot. All my people are from the bayou, I don't really expect you to understand

Horns are not as bad as they seem right now, I'm not a TH fan but I still think they get bowl eligible. I miss them being a power, not a good look for our state imo.

Aggies are a different team this year, not world beaters but at least there are 2 Texas teams playing big boy football now, TCU is the other but rebuilding this year too.
We will see how different after the SEC west run. I will be the first to give you props if Jimbo does well through it. No consolation props though. I have not seen much out of him since J W was toting him around. Hot Lips whupped him with a UH team.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 05:10 PM   #1218
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pin Oak DXT View Post
Is Javonne Sheppard fixing to kick off decommit season based off his latest tweet? Does A&M have room for him? Is he even a take at this point? This isnít how itís supposed to work


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk


Everyone has said itís going to be a fight until NSD. Even when he committed to Texas plenty of people said thereís a very good chance he flips and even commits back to Texas. Texas has to give him reasons to keep him and A&M has to give him reasons to flip, and so far only the Ags are doing their part.

Of course if he does flip yíall have to take back all the ďhe was boughtĒ and ďnot sec readyĒ comments.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 05:12 PM   #1219
RLB
Pope & Young
 
RLB's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Spring Branch / Bulverde, Texas
Hunt In: Comal County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Of course if he does flip yíall have to take back all the ďhe was boughtĒ and ďnot sec readyĒ comments.
Bahahaha!! It would be crawfish time!!
RLB is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 05:23 PM   #1220
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
Everyone has said itís going to be a fight until NSD. Even when he committed to Texas plenty of people said thereís a very good chance he flips and even commits back to Texas. Texas has to give him reasons to keep him and A&M has to give him reasons to flip, and so far only the Ags are doing their part.

Of course if he does flip yíall have to take back all the ďhe was boughtĒ and ďnot sec readyĒ comments.


. Heís still not SEC ready!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 05:28 PM   #1221
Brock Middlebrook
Pope & Young
 
Brock Middlebrook's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: McKinney, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by tradtiger View Post
Also wondering "how so?"



Thinking the only thing in LSU's mind right now is beating Auburn! At least that better be foremost in their collective consciousness.



That 31-0 win over what we used to call Hammond High last night was not as dominant as the score indicates, and it left plenty to correct.


It was just in reference to some earlier posts.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Brock Middlebrook is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 06:07 PM   #1222
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
At least we get a Reckless Kelly show before so it wonít be all lost.
Reckless kicks major ***.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 06:13 PM   #1223
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

****ing Slayer.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 06:54 PM   #1224
topduarte
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pflugerville, Texas
Default

Horns pulled it out. Not pretty
topduarte is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 06:56 PM   #1225
topduarte
Pope & Young
 
Join Date: Dec 2006
Location: Pflugerville, Texas
Default

Pics
Attached Images
 
topduarte is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 07:14 PM   #1226
Heath
Pope & Young
 
Heath's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Midlothian
Hunt In: Cisco / Ira
Default 2018 College Football -Week 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by topduarte View Post
Horns pulled it out. Not pretty


The more and more I watch the Tom Herman era is his teams play to the competition of the other team. The did this at UH. They also donít know how to win so thatís a bad combination. That lands squarely on the coaching staff. Iím not ready to kick Herman to the curb but he needs to cut ties with his weak offensive coaching staff minus Hand (OL) and Drayton (RB). He made a huge deal out of the continuity of his staff he brought, but in reality he hired his buddies vs the best coaches for the job. He thought the continuity was a big deal but their lack of ability is showing. I realize the defense is replacing 3 NFL guys and battling some injuries in the two deep. I expect the defense to improve throughout the year, the offense I donít.

Yes, Texas is missing some players (DL, LB, Slot WR come to mind) but I think thereís enough talent to win. Those recruiting battles they came in second are really starting to show up and hurt.

I think you will see Texas put up a good fight against USC. I donít trust this team to win yet so maybe they will surprise me but I do feel good about the game.

Last edited by Heath; 09-09-2018 at 07:17 PM.
Heath is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 08:02 PM   #1227
rvd
Ten Point
 
rvd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Gulf Coast
Hunt In: Texas
Default

[QUOTE=Bayouboy;13609538]We will see how different after the SEC west run. I will be the first to give you props if Jimbo does well through it. No consolation props though. I have not seen much out of him since J W was toting him around. Hot Lips whupped him with a UH team.[/QUOTE

I'm just messing with you. I don't need any props for college football, haven't played or coached it in more than 25 years, just enjoy stirring up the fanboys occasionally . Geaux Tigres beat Auburn!
rvd is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 08:07 PM   #1228
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

****. Von Miller with 3 sacks, 4QB hits, 2 forced turnovers. Myles Garret with 2 strip sack fumbles. Gig Em!


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 08:08 PM   #1229
Chad C
Pope & Young
 
Chad C's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2008
Location: The Hills
Default

Itís fun to watch this kid truck players and throw the stiff arm... if youíre going to play him, let him be Sam!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Chad C is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 08:11 PM   #1230
eradicator
Pope & Young
 
eradicator's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Arlington,TX/Pecos County
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heath View Post
The more and more I watch the Tom Herman era is his teams play to the competition of the other team. The did this at UH. They also donít know how to win so thatís a bad combination. That lands squarely on the coaching staff. Iím not ready to kick Herman to the curb but he needs to cut ties with his weak offensive coaching staff minus Hand (OL) and Drayton (RB). He made a huge deal out of the continuity of his staff he brought, but in reality he hired his buddies vs the best coaches for the job. He thought the continuity was a big deal but their lack of ability is showing. I realize the defense is replacing 3 NFL guys and battling some injuries in the two deep. I expect the defense to improve throughout the year, the offense I donít.

Yes, Texas is missing some players (DL, LB, Slot WR come to mind) but I think thereís enough talent to win. Those recruiting battles they came in second are really starting to show up and hurt.

I think you will see Texas put up a good fight against USC. I donít trust this team to win yet so maybe they will surprise me but I do feel good about the game.
I think Texas will be fine vs USC. I watched the USC/Stanford game last night and USC didn't play very well. And that freshman qb looks like he's about 35, lol.
eradicator is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #1231
tradtiger
Pope & Young
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chad C View Post
Itís fun to watch this kid truck players and throw the stiff arm... if youíre going to play him, let him be Sam!




Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yeah, liked him asking that DB he smashed just how much he enjoyed that as he got up.
tradtiger is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 08:15 PM   #1232
Pin Oak DXT
Pope & Young
 
Pin Oak DXT's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2009
Location: Sugar Land, TX
Hunt In: Wharton County
Default

Iím a fan of this stat.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pin Oak DXT is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 09:06 PM   #1233
Sticks&Strings
Pope & Young
 
Sticks&Strings's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Magnolia, TX/ Kinney& sometimes Leon
Default

Well, I left the house Saturday morning and this was at like 530 posts, went to the U of H game with my dad and came home, showered and went to a friend's to watch my ags and it had hit over 1000 post.

Haven't read near close to all of them.

I'll say this. If sumlin doesn't cut ties with noel mazzone, he will be out of football. They are terrible and it's that offensive system in my opinion.

The Aggies played great, but 2 turnovers and 2 missed kicks cost us the game. I honestly think we were the better team which shocked me. If we compete against bama, and keep it within 7 points, I will expect to only lose 2-3 games on the season. Same team, new coaches, new system, and new culture makes all the difference in the world. I hope they can maintain it.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Sticks&Strings is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 09:37 PM   #1234
JeffK
Ten Point
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Default

Mazzone was terrible last year. The predictable run up the middle every first down was frustrating as hail to watch.
JeffK is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-09-2018, 10:39 PM   #1235
Russ79
Ten Point
 
Russ79's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Nacogdoches, Tx
Hunt In: Nacogdoches county, San Augustine county, Beaufort county NC
Default

I was at the game last night. Did I expect us to win? My only hope was to not get embarrassed at home. From the beginning I saw a difference in the team. Yes, most of the team if not all were Sumlin recruits but they are the same Sumlin recruits that were running UCLA off the field and then went south. Did we have some tackling issues at times? Yes, but I didn't see the mistakes in the secondary that I have been used to seeing by a Sumlin coached team- opposing receivers running free. I am here to tell you there was some pinpoint passing and amazing receptions from the Clemson players. It would have been a different game if just one or two had on been incompletes. It would have been a different game if we would have made just one or the field goals that were missed. I didn't particularly care for the two point play that was called but to be within two points of taking the #2 in the country to overtime when anything can happed with basically the same team that laid down too many times last year was thrilling. As we say in Aggieland, we didn't lose we just ran out of time and in this instance that was true in my opinion. I am excited over the prospects of the teams Jimbo is going to give us.
Russ79 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 02:36 AM   #1236
tradtiger
Pope & Young
 
tradtiger's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Austin
Hunt In: Lee Co., Granger
Default

So, I was wondering what the heck a Golden Hurricane was, anyway, and why it would one be in Oklahoma, as well?

Turns out that Tulsa's nickname dates back to 1922, when the new football coach Howard Acher wanted a distinctive nickname. The team -- which had previously been Yellow Jackets, among other names -- seemed to roar through opponents like a tornado. Since the team's jerseys were yellow, the coach wanted them named the Golden Tornadoes. However, he found out that Georgia Tech was using the nickname Golden Tornado at the time. He wanted a weather-related name, so settled on the Golden Hurricanes.

Here's a link to the whole story:

https://www.tulsaworld.com/origins-o...8717f1564.html
tradtiger is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 09:52 AM   #1237
Bayouboy
Pope & Young
 
Bayouboy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: League City
Hunt In: East Texas
Default

[quote=rvd;13609908]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bayouboy View Post
We will see how different after the SEC west run. I will be the first to give you props if Jimbo does well through it. No consolation props though. I have not seen much out of him since J W was toting him around. Hot Lips whupped him with a UH team.[/QUOTE

I'm just messing with you. I don't need any props for college football, haven't played or coached it in more than 25 years, just enjoy stirring up the fanboys occasionally . Geaux Tigres beat Auburn!
Itís all fun. Besides, sometimes itís good to get the Aggies to throw darts at Lsu and forgot about the longhorns for at least 30 seconds.
Bayouboy is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:03 AM   #1238
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

After watching the game again I did see some positives.

Ehlinger had a good game. His stats were solid, not explosive......solid.

The O Line Played well.

The RB's did a nice job.

The freshmen safeties are legit.

The issue again was coaching. They went into cruise control in the 3rd....it didn't work....then they opened it up again and won the 4th qtr. They lost the 3rd quarter. That cannot happen going forward.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:07 AM   #1239
PYBUCK
Ten Point
 
PYBUCK's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Rankin, Tx
Hunt In: Upton County
Default

USC 35 Texas 18

6-6 at best this year
PYBUCK is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #1240
thegrouse
Ten Point
 
thegrouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: San Antonio
Hunt In: Wilson and San Saba County
Default

USC has a true freshman QB and is not playing good ball. Maybe one of the teams steps up for the big game.
thegrouse is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:12 AM   #1241
Burntorange Bowhunter
Pope & Young
 
Burntorange Bowhunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Wimberley
Hunt In: San Saba
Default

Texas 28 USC 24

8-4 this year.
Burntorange Bowhunter is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:29 AM   #1242
17ncs
Pope & Young
 
17ncs's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Tuscaloosa, Alabama
Hunt In: Fayette Co., Greene Co.
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by thegrouse View Post
Scoreboard


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZST_bowhunter View Post
Lucky!!! We watched from the hospital tonight.. thank god for Harry!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Congrats Sun Devils

Last edited by 17ncs; 09-10-2018 at 10:31 AM.
17ncs is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:31 AM   #1243
MacDaddy67
Ten Point
 
MacDaddy67's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Default

USC 41

Texas.. 17

5-7 This year
MacDaddy67 is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:36 AM   #1244
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDaddy67 View Post
USC 41

Texas.. 17

5-7 This year
USC isn't that good this year. Texas will probably be in a close game with em... 27-20 USC

I'm sticking with my 7-5 for longhorns this year, I was counting Maryland as a loss in that 7-5 preseason. They should start playing better as season progresses.

Still sticking with 8-4 for the Ags, but 9-3 is possible if they can continue to play like Saturday night.

Kentucky (Who just beat florida and has a good RB), @ Auburn, @ Miss state, @ south carolina, then LSU at home.... 9-3 isn't a stretch after losing to bama, but until we beat LSU you can't assume that.
EastTexasMan is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:37 AM   #1245
Gary Roberson
Eight Point
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Default

I was in Aggieland Saturday night and I am one that believes there is no such thing as a good loss. Clemson has an excellent team of well coached athletes and they are going to be tough to beat.
For whatever it is worth, here are a few things that were apparent under the new coaching staff. Kyle Field was the loudest that I have heard since I started going regularly in 1974. There is no doubt that there is a different "Sheriff" in town and Fisher has already made some positive changes. (Getting rid of the "Pimp Stick" has to be one of my favorites). The players were looked leaner and quicker. Execution of plays was much sharper, especially routes by wide receivers. Tackling was improved but there were several occasions when defenders tried to knock someone off their feet without wrapping up and ball carrier kept trucking. Coaching was much more intense and non-stop. Fisher will climb on an official when he thinks that they made a bad call and there were a few questionable ones in this game. Kendrick Rogers, #13 had never impressed me but looked like an All American on Saturday.
As I have said in previous posts, this can be a much better team than in the past and still win only 7-8 games. I am shocked that improved coaching was reflected so quickly on the field. If Jimbo keeps them improving and playing with the intensity exhibited on Saturday, things could get interesting.
Adios,
Gary
Gary Roberson is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:40 AM   #1246
EastTexasMan
Ten Point
 
EastTexasMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: College Station, tx
Hunt In: A pop up Blind in East Texas
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Roberson View Post
I was in Aggieland Saturday night and I am one that believes there is no such thing as a good loss. Clemson has an excellent team of well coached athletes and they are going to be tough to beat.
For whatever it is worth, here are a few things that were apparent under the new coaching staff. Kyle Field was the loudest that I have heard since I started going regularly in 1974. There is no doubt that there is a different "Sheriff" in town and Fisher has already made some positive changes. (Getting rid of the "Pimp Stick" has to be one of my favorites). The players were looked leaner and quicker. Execution of plays was much sharper, especially routes by wide receivers. Tackling was improved but there were several occasions when defenders tried to knock someone off their feet without wrapping up and ball carrier kept trucking. Coaching was much more intense and non-stop. Fisher will climb on an official when he thinks that they made a bad call and there were a few questionable ones in this game. Kendrick Rogers, #13 had never impressed me but looked like an All American on Saturday.
As I have said in previous posts, this can be a much better team than in the past and still win only 7-8 games. I am shocked that improved coaching was reflected so quickly on the field. If Jimbo keeps them improving and playing with the intensity exhibited on Saturday, things could get interesting.
Adios,
Gary
Been waiting on Rogers (#13) to wake up. He's got Mike Evan physical size, but has been playing timid. I noticed it during spring game last year, D. Wilson blew him up on the sidelines and he got up and sheepishly walked back to the sidelines... He didn't seem to have any "dog" in him....Even Hubenak said after the game that last year he was scared to go in at times... I really hope this is his year (RS Soph) to realize he's a physical beast and can play with anybody, maybe Jimbo is bringing that "dog" out of him. He was chirping after that catch in the endzone, I was happy to see it.
EastTexasMan is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:46 AM   #1247
TX_Hoghunter
Ten Point
 
TX_Hoghunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fruitvale, TX
Hunt In: Harper, TX
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ79 View Post
I was at the game last night. Did I expect us to win? My only hope was to not get embarrassed at home. From the beginning I saw a difference in the team. Yes, most of the team if not all were Sumlin recruits but they are the same Sumlin recruits that were running UCLA off the field and then went south. Did we have some tackling issues at times? Yes, but I didn't see the mistakes in the secondary that I have been used to seeing by a Sumlin coached team- opposing receivers running free. I am here to tell you there was some pinpoint passing and amazing receptions from the Clemson players. It would have been a different game if just one or two had on been incompletes. It would have been a different game if we would have made just one or the field goals that were missed. I didn't particularly care for the two point play that was called but to be within two points of taking the #2 in the country to overtime when anything can happed with basically the same team that laid down too many times last year was thrilling. As we say in Aggieland, we didn't lose we just ran out of time and in this instance that was true in my opinion. I am excited over the prospects of the teams Jimbo is going to give us.
I agree with the above 100%. I am downright excited for the rest of the year.

-john
TX_Hoghunter is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 10:55 AM   #1248
Slew
Pope & Young
 
Slew's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Lindale, TX
Hunt In: nowhere close to home
Default

I recorded the LSU game and watched the Aggies game. That was one of the best football games we will see all year! Compared to Sumlin, Jimbo is a steal at $75M. LSU's offense has alot of work to do this week! Least I'm gonna be a Fork for the weekend! Can take it out on the slabs!
Slew is online now   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 11:08 AM   #1249
Rush2Judge
Eight Point
 
Rush2Judge's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Plano
Hunt In: Wood County
Default

Texas is not nearly as good as we hoped, but also not nearly as bad as we think. For those already calling for a new coach, they need to pipe down and go sit in the corner. That would be the absolute worst thing that could happen to The University. While there are some true Freshmen already contributing, the majority of the class will not hit the field until next year. And that includes a couple young QBs fighting for a spot. I like Sam but he just looks like he is quickly going to hit his ceiling (I sure hope he hasn't already). I am happy with the improvement from the O-line. The receivers are solid. The D will be fine. The problem lies in the play calling and overall offensive strategy. Herman is still a young coach and will make mistakes. How he responds is still up in the air. I am willing to give him a couple more years (at least) to grow and improve. Texas has no options. A new coach, and even suggesting we need a new one, does not help one bit.
Rush2Judge is offline   Back To The Top
Old 09-10-2018, 11:10 AM   #1250
TX_Hoghunter
Ten Point
 
TX_Hoghunter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Fruitvale, TX
Hunt In: Harper, TX
Default

As an Aggie I am required to be anti-longhorn but BJ Foster is a good kid. I have caught a lot of hogs with his Dad and Uncle. Y'all have a good one in him.

-john

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burntorange Bowhunter View Post
After watching the game again I did see some positives.

Ehlinger had a good game. His stats were solid, not explosive......solid.

The O Line Played well.

The RB's did a nice job.

The freshmen safeties are legit.

The issue again was coaching. They went into cruise control in the 3rd....it didn't work....then they opened it up again and won the 4th qtr. They lost the 3rd quarter. That cannot happen going forward.
TX_Hoghunter is offline   Back To The Top
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
Copyright 1999-2012, TexasBowhunter.com